Don't think my TPQ-850 is cutting it anymore!

Sparkyy

[H]ard|Gawd
Starting around last week, my system start locking up where the sound would just studder until I hit the reset switch, even then sometimes it wouldn't come up right away and I had to turn it off for a minute. Other times it would freeze for a second then come back freeze and do this repeatedly until I quit the game or classic BSOD on me. :mad:

I ran memtest for 8 hours while OC'ed at 3ghz, came back with two memory errors so I set my system back to default 2.4ghz and ran memtest again for 7.5 hours and no errors. OC'ed back to 3ghz and started Left4Dead, not even 20 mins in and my system locks up and forced to cut the power again. This time I pull out my 8600GTS, pci sata card and unplug my 3 - TB drives and my 250gb drive. Played Left4Dead for an hour with no issues, ran memtest for 7 hours and no errors while OC'ed still at 3ghz.

Everything else seems fine but I am thinking my 850watt just doesn't have the room on the 12v rails to power everything I have. I was thinking of using dual psu for a bit to see if my entire rig can run just with a shared psu to ease the load.

I am looking at the Antec TPQ-1000, TT W0156RU or should I look at something else? Anything would be better then what I have now, a frankenstein looking rig with a 850 running most everything and an old PC Power & Cooling 1Kw running some hard drives and my 8600GTS and wires galore with a peeved g/f. :eek::eek:

Edit: After more searching I am thinking either Antec TPQ-1000, Corsair 1000HX or OCZ 1000EXS. :confused:

Back