doom 3 cyberdemon

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
what where u thoughs on the cyberdemon, your likes and dislikes.. what they could of done better and so on..

I personally think he sould of been taller.. about twice as tall as he was and i didn't like the fact that he was not very hard to kil
your thoughs ?

He looked awesome but was way too easy to kill. I wish he would have died from actual gun shots.

Sanitarium said:
He looked awesome but was way too easy to kill. I wish he would have died from actual gun shots.
agreed. and it was way too obvious how to kill him.

He looked awesome but was way too easy to kill. I wish he would have died from actual gun shots

true all the way and I think that the soul cube was 1. way to powerfull and 2. they went so into detail with it by the time u fought him he was nothing but another guy to fight

I was so wanting a good fight and I belive it was a bad ending to a great game..

bring on the exp

The cyberdemon was a pathetic last boss. I beat him my first time without taking any damage at all...

I kina liked the cyberdemon, after all its doom, and he was a way better boss from the origional than that stupid spider mastermind. (although I could beat him in the origional without getting hit as well, just got to be a strafe dodging master)

Only thing I didn't like was that cheezy soul cube, it just didn't fit at all, and not just for the cyberdemon fight, it felt out of place for the whole game, or at least the part where you have it.

SCSI-Terminator said:
I kina liked the cyberdemon, after all its doom, and he was a way better boss from the origional than that stupid spider mastermind. (although I could beat him in the origional without getting hit as well, just got to be a strafe dodging master)

Only thing I didn't like was that cheezy soul cube, it just didn't fit at all, and not just for the cyberdemon fight, it felt out of place for the whole game, or at least the part where you have it.

Yeah it took away from the DOOM experience. The "One man against Hell" suddenly became "The guy who found an ancient weapon". Not what I was expecting.

once you get the Soul Cube the game became waaay too easy...there was no challenge anymore once you got it...the thing was too powerful...killing Hell Knights was the same as killing an imp once you got the Cube

once you get the Soul Cube the game became waaay too easy...there was no challenge anymore once you got it...the thing was too powerful...killing Hell Knights was the same as killing an imp once you got the Cube

Ohhhh i SO agree.. I hope the expansion pack makes it harder I cant wait
bring it on..

but one thing i hated about doom3 is the fact that there was no co-op against the game like there was in doom and 2, I wish there was it would of made the game so much more fun

thats the only reason why i still play doom2 today :)

I don't use the soulcube if I can avoid it. Its more fun to shoot and really search for health.

cyberdemon needed to be vulnerable to melee fist/flashlight hits :)

that or nerfed the soul cube to use once every 10-15 monster kills, and give the cyberdemon some sort of AI, also with some hell knights and mancubuses in that last room with him

retardedchicken said:
cyberdemon needed to be vulnerable to melee fist/flashlight hits :)

that or nerfed the soul cube to use once every 10-15 monster kills, and give the cyberdemon some sort of AI, also with some hell knights and mancubuses in that last room with him
As long as the hell knights actually had improved AI that might make the fight better, but if they didn't then it'd still be really easy.

ARGH! the Cyberdemon. Looked REALLY cool. Super huge so that made it neet! buuuuut...why did they make his so freakin easy. when I first saw him I was like "Damn...this is gonna be a hard fight" and like 4 minutes into it I'm like "Uh...is he going to attack or be more menacing anytime soon" then bam he was dead.

!@#(%@ what?! The old one was faster and was dodge fest with his freakin rockets all the time. He was the hardest yet most fun enemy of the originals. Now he's like...a big imp. and that...that makes me cry.

This gived me no incentive to ever finish this game. grrrr to bad endings

The Cyberdemon looked and sounded really cool, but the problem is that you didn't actually fight him. I didn't see the ring to run around the first few times and tried to fight him in the small area where you start at... and I got whooped in a matter of seconds each time. But as soon as I found the ring, I beat him in one attempt. He couldn't catch you, so all you had to do was stay away from him and that rendered his rockets completely useless. Then it was just a matter of obliterating the small enemies with your maxed out firepower. Switching to a more difficult set of enemies each time you hit the Cyberdemon (i.e. imps, then cacodemons, then revenants) would've made it much more interesting. But still, I would've preferred a fight more along the lines of E2M8.

Still a great game though.

In my opinion, using the soulcube 3 times just to break his armor then use the standard weapons to kill him, along with popping more dangerous monsters like hell knights, mancubus, revenants for each 5 imps/maggots. This would bring the callenge to a reasonable level and make the ending more enjoyable :)

I was doing the same thing as Molgera, trying to kill him thinking i'm in a very small area (always falling in the center hole or being cornered) until i see the bigger area then it is a very easy fight :-/

Back