doom 3 doesnt work:(

d3stiNy

Limp Gawd
i got doom 3 today got home installed it went to run it all all i saw was white :confused:. granted my system isnt all that great, 256 ram, geforce fx 5200 pci video card, stock dell monitor. but i thought that it would still be able to be run on my comp :mad:. any help w/ this would be appreciated. its prob my system but if ne one had the same prob and figured out how to fix it, the info would be appreciated.

Well if you read the system requierments .. it needs 384 mbs of ram ... as the minium...

upgrade to 512 ram..and ur machine will run it fine..dont listen to them..

my machine is currently running it at 256 ram, and i have a 9000 IGP SHARED GRAPHICS..which means my system really only has 191 mb after the graphics card takes its 64mb..and ims till plkaying the game (very very choppy though, but i ordered a stick of 256 ..this should remedy it)

Yeah or you could try to update the vide drivers just for the hell of it. It does say taht you need to be running recent video drivers to be avoid issues. Also do you have DX 9.0b installed as well (it should have given you the option during install anyway), if not, install it. Then see what happens. Good luck.

OT: Heh when I went to Fry's today right where they had Doom 3 on the shelf they had a big piece of paper with the minimum system requirements on them, as well as the recommended. Then they had highlighted that it only works on 2000/XP. Heh gotta hand it to them for trying to inform people.

IxGOxSOLO said:
OT: Heh when I went to Fry's today right where they had Doom 3 on the shelf they had a big piece of paper with the minimum system requirements on them, as well as the recommended. Then they had highlighted that it only works on 2000/XP. Heh gotta hand it to them for trying to inform people.

probably cuz they were getting a lot of returns,

Back