doom 3 expansion RoD pics

sanosuke2999 said:
The only difference I noted is that the game is not as dark.
http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=8141
I wonder how they're going to explain the story, as it's apparent the expansion is set on Mars. Will the marines be trying to take Mars back over or will it be from another marine's perspective?

I was kind of hoping the expansion would be Doom II - based on Earth so we can experience some outdoor environments and things other than hallways.

They are going to have a gun called the ass grabber for use on other marines. To show that Gordon Free is not the only grabber in town! :D

I wonder how many other games are now going to have their version of the physics gun?

img2.jpg

now that's a lost soul.

Wow those screenshots are really something :) I can't believe how good the Doom III engine is. Even when it's not even being fully utilized at the moment! Hell there isn't even hardware out that can fully utilize its gaming potential :p

lame. d3 sucked so they have to make an expansion to try and save it :rolleyes:

i enjoyed doom 3 and i will gladly pick up the expanssion. But first I need to buy HL2, WoW and ya

Looks a bit like Painkiller on steroids. I enjoyed D3 this looks like you can actually see the details. What is that weapon in the screen shot of the lost souls???? :eek:

Robbed this from planetdoom...

Characters:
Vulgars - The same as Imps only faster and they do a lot more wall crawling.
Bruisers - Half mecahnical monsters with computer monitors for there mouth, they have a tendency to hide as wall monitors and then bust through the walls after you.
The Forgotten - Same as the Lost Souls in Classic Doom
Hell Hunters - Like Floating legless HellKnights, these monsters have the ability to warp time.

New Weapons/Items:
The Double Barrel Shotgun - Goes Boom.
The Grabber - Gravity Gun.
The Artifact - Allows the player to manipulate time by slowing the world down, also increases damage and makes you invincible.
Environment suits - They will have flashlights mounted on them.

New MultiPlayer Features:
Four new MP maps - Two are in Hell, one in the ancient civilization, then another base type map. It was also mentioned that the Maps will be considerably larger than DOOM 3's.
8 Player limit

Looks like we will have a max payne type time slowing weapon, those of us with low fps systems will probably not notice the change =) (bad joke)

Lord of Shadows said:
Looks like we will have a max payne type time slowing weapon, those of us with low fps systems will probably not notice the change =) (bad joke)
LMAO bad joke or not thats funny. :) I wonder if any of those new maps will be an "outdoors" one.

Lord of Shadows said:
Bruisers - Half mecahnical monsters with computer monitors for there mouth, they have a tendency to hide as wall monitors and then bust through the walls after you.

sounds like that will scare the shit outta all of us :eek:

and yey for the double barrel shotty!

ahahhaha mwahahahahha bwahahahhaha all hail the double-barrel shotgun. ahahahahahahh

And those screens make HL2 look like a first year's attempt at graphics design. :p

Probably the normal expansion rate of $30. Maybe $40 since it is Doom3.

Lord of Shadows said:

Characters:
Hell Hunters - Like Floating legless HellKnights, these monsters have the ability to warp time.

New Weapons/Items:
The Artifact - Allows the player to manipulate time by slowing the world down, also increases damage and makes you invincible.

Four new MP maps - Two are in Hell, one in the ancient civilization, then another base type map. It was also mentioned that the Maps will be considerably larger than DOOM 3's.
8 Player limit

So....They stole the key elements from HL2 and Max Payne and threw in some extra enemies...

Cool!
:)

Lord of Shadows said:

Characters:

New Weapons/Items:

8 Player limit

By god! its like Doom 3, Painkiller and HL2 mixed into a big pot of sweet game lovin!

This expansion shal be mine!

D3 was scary and looked grat, but it got repetitive and boring for me, not picking up expansion :(

cowman, its being made by a diff team though! We wont have ID to blunder the map design we will have that other company do it :p

This time I will first wait a bit for the price to drop a bit first. All these great FPS have satisfied me for now. :cool:

gay gay gay and gay. I didn't play D3 too much because it made me want to stick a fork in eye but I don't recall too many objects that you could use a gravity gun for. Or maybe they'll make it unique and won't steal the entire thing from hl2, no wait... that would be too easy.

look at it this way, that just means they're complementing valve for the gravity gun idea. not that they're trying to copy them. least i go into my schpeel about how if it weren't for doom, and then quake 3, there wouldn't be the games we have today. (what with the advent of the 3d shooter, then the engine that must use a video card)

i'm looking forward to it, those wall camoflauges sound like i'm gonna be shitting my pants for once.

this expansion should have some scene like that storage facility from CSI: vegas this past week, that was fucking nuts.

retardedchicken said:
and yey for the double barrel shotty!
Jeez, the spread on the single-barreled shotgun was wide enough... If you shoot the double-barrel will you be able to hit someone standing behind you?

Dallows said:
Or maybe they'll make it unique and won't steal the entire thing from hl2, no wait... that would be too easy.

You realize that doom3 already has "gravity gun" code in it, devs use it to test the physics, half life who bought their physics library, decided this tool was fun to play with and made it a weapon. (So much for unique?) In doom3 type "g_dragEntity 1"

Seems to me like they are pandering to everything people complained about to get those who didn't like it to give it a shot.

Flashlight on your suit, Check.

Game not as dark, Check.

Gravity Gun, Check.

I don't know, seems kinda MMOish to me.

Looks awesome. I forgot how good Doom 3 looks. I'll definitely pick up the expansion, I tend to like Doom's environment a lot, this one looks like it added some cool elements so i think it will be pretty cool.

neuroquake said:
Actually id uses their own physics code and HL2 uses Havok physics.

yeah, amazing how other people talk out their asses isn't it? Says Havoc right on the box like Painkiller and Tribes.

Enviro suit is pretty cool (since you use to have one in the old Doom)

I never considered the game "too dark" and still can't understand what the whole "deal" is. The game was fine to me.

Never really thought about using the G-Gun, it's not a real weapon just something for the ADD kids. ;)
Direwolf20 said:
Seems to me like they are pandering to everything people complained about to get those who didn't like it to give it a shot.

Flashlight on your suit, Check.

Game not as dark, Check.

Gravity Gun, Check.

I don't know, seems kinda MMOish to me.

I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of physics to d3.

Back