Doom 3 Screen Shots

Why do I have a feeling I will be disappointed with the graphics when I get it?

Looking at the characters they are even more plastic than Far Crys. The game is so dark all the time it hard to see much of the detail?

First I thought Doom 3 would be all about graphics now it seems it´s a better game than it´s graphics which of course is not bad at all :). I am starting to think that Far Cry with the eye candy patch will look a fair bit better if it isn´t already. Hard to say since I don´t got Doom 3 ;)

Is there no lit up area in Doom 3?

the models do look quite a bit like far cry's, but they move a shit-ton faster, so you dont notice the plastic-like feel to them

yeah plus im sure the lighting and shadowing is alot better in doom3 so that will almost distract you from any problems :)

KoDt said:
yeah plus im sure the lighting and shadowing is alot better in doom3 so that will almost distract you from any problems :)

Yes exactly but I wonder how say Far Cry would look with the Doom 3 engine? Would be interesting to see the Doom 3 engine in such an environment :)

It's been said time and time again from people who have the game, the screenshots are a lot darker than the actual gameplay.

moralpanic said:
It's been said time and time again from people who have the game, the screenshots are a lot darker than the actual gameplay.

Do you mean to tell me you actually read these posts? You...you don't just spew out random questions that obviously have NEVER been asked before because you don't know the answer? :eek:

You my friend are a dying breed ;)

Yes I have read that but I have also read they are just slightly brighter no daylight or anything anywhere ;). And all the videos I have seen has also been very dark.

Back