Doom III Arrives Early For Some (Alot of people Got it already !! )

SoLiD_MasteR

Limp Gawd
It appears that some lucky people have got their hands on a copy of Doom III and currently links are flying around the internet with early screenshots of the game. This highly anticipated FPS has been in development for many years and is due to be released in the states next week and in Europe the following week. Check out the screenshots below.

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Mirror 3

Mirror 4

I'll be damned...I don't want any spoilers, but I can't resist...must look.

One of the vendors for the shop I work at had D3 listed as being available this past Thursday, 7/29, sadly they didn't show.

Blad3 said:
:O Won't be out in the UK for a few weeks yet...

13th August.

I've got it on pre-order, but maybe I'll find a Mexican copy somewhere for the week before it arrives :p or maybe I'll just be patient.

I preordered on January 03 of 2003. I hope I get a special collectors addition

Best Buy only gets trucks on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they'll have the game on monday. You do the math.

freak said:
can anyone confirm if bestbuy or any other place have it in stock NOW?

somebody on the ign boards said that a bestbuy in maryland was selling copies now, i'm about to call one of the best buys in texas, if they aren't selling them now, i'll be going to plano, texas on monday night for the Doom 3 midnight madness sale at bestbuy. if i get there early enough, i get a free t-shirt! :D

i called the bestbuy in danvers, ma... no midnight sale for you lil kiddies

just called best buy in lewisville, tx and it's no go for selling doom 3 before august 3rd. the guy from lewisville said "if we sell the game before the release date, activision fines us $10,000". that would suck.

MrWoot said:
getting mine without the pre-order... cause im cool like that.

lol, yeah, me too MrWoot. i'm hardcore enough to drive 100+ miles and stand in line for 2 hours to get my copy. ;) id fan all the way.

Nobody sold doom 3 yet.I bet whoever posted those pictures probably stole it off the trucks that are in route to deliver these to stores.

Funny how I see nothing special in the graphics. Nothing I haven't seen before.

You guys must be on something.

[H]ard anonymous anyone? :rolleyes:

If the game was out it should be in the NEWSGROUPS posted somewhere and it aint, kinda surprised it aint.

jacuzz1 said:
I preordered on January 03 of 2003. I hope I get a special collectors addition

there is no special collectors addition (nor is there a special collectors edition).

Marcdaddy said:
If the game was out it should be in the NEWSGROUPS posted somewhere and it aint, kinda surprised it aint.

the game is available at some bestbuy's, and it's not in newsgroups because it uses safedisc3 and it hasn't been cracked yet (and hopefully won't be anytime soon).

Nothing you haven't seen before in the graphics?

this is the most graphically intense PC game, best graphics ever...Every1 knows' how the graphic's are already - we've seen the vids and pics...

ny555soul said:
Nobody sold doom 3 yet.I bet whoever posted those pictures probably stole it off the trucks that are in route to deliver these to stores.

Or it could be just the latest beta from a few months ago. However, something like that wouldn't surprise me.

Marcdaddy said:
The Rules

(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.

EDIT: Marcdaddy gets two days off for his original post. - Lethal
Dude, don't advertise pirating. If you do it fine, you suck; but don't post links to go get illegal stuff. A group of people spent 3+ years of their life working on a game and you don't even have the courtesy to spend money on it. :mad:

My call with bestbuy

Me- Can i talk to the manager

Guy- Sure.

Manager- Hello , how may i help you

Me- Hi , i've been searching hi and low for doom 3 , i've called all the best buys and went to all the best buys with no luck

Him- We do not have doom 3

Me- Well my next door neighbor just came home with a fresh copy of doom 3 and is playing it right now

Him- Let me go check around
*5 minutes later*

Him- Can't seem to find it , let me check more
*3 minutes later*

Him - We do not have it....

Me- So how did my friend get it?

Him- There is a hard date set at August 2nd and you cannot buy it until then

Me- How did he get it?

Him - I don't know

Me- I've got a picture that says best buy for 54.95 right here....

Him- I dont know what to say sorry

Me - Ok cya

Now of course my neighbor didn't get it...but that didnt work =[

Haha, hilarious.

I would try that here.. but being in Canada, I doubt there's a chance we got it before the US.

kcthebrewer said:
Dude, don't advertise pirating. If you do it fine, you suck; but don't post links to go get illegal stuff.

I don't advise people pirate, but that's not a link anymore than anyone else saying where to get it. Average Joe can't just type it into a browser and steal the game. If you have access to newsgroups you know how to find the game, any number of the nfo sites will let you in on that. I always follow when games are released on newsgroups just because I find it interesting to see how fast the pirates can get their hands on and crack the game.

Chix4mat said:
Or it could be just the latest beta from a few months ago. However, something like that wouldn't surprise me.

No there was pics of the manual,and cd's,so it is the retail version,but nobody is selling it.People that work for the companys steal stuff from the loading/unloading trucks,thats how they got them.If there was stores selling it early,almost everbody would have it by now.

I got mine from Best Buy in King of Prussia, PA.

I called all morning and got lied to about them not having it. I went out there and overheard an employee talking to a manager, saying they should sell it. I asked if they were talking about Doom 3 and they were. So I started asking the manager about it. He said they would be fined for breaking the street date... I told him there is no street date on it, cause I work at EB Games and we're selling it the second we get it in.

He checked the computer and saw that there wasn't a date listed under the "additional info" tab of the item lookup, and sold me a copy.

Pics:
doom3PBN.jpg

Picture256.jpg

And just to follow up, the manual wasn't even posted by any release group. It has nothing to do with the game being pirated. The nfo that came with the manual was:

Size: 1 File

Release date: 07/31/2004

Type: Manual

Here is the manual for all the whiners waiting for the fucking iso or downloading non-working clones while others play the real thing, a good chance to learn to read while you wait.

Your regular fags.

So there you go, the guy who posted the manual obviously doesn't agree with pirating either.

Jiggs,Thats the preorder box.You just removed the other sticker.I know because i was at bestbuy a few weeks ago and saw that box,but looked closer and it had a preorder sticker.And the box was clearly empty.

Back