Doom III Arrives Early For Some (Alot of people Got it already !! )

What kind of prescription pills you got there? Percs? Ahhh soothes the pain I bet :)

MooCow said:
What kind of prescription pills you got there? Percs? Ahhh soothes the pain I bet :)

Ok...moral of the story....Jiggs was a conniving customer who tricked the poor BB manager into putting the company into legal jeopardy...AND...he is hooked on painkillers. For the love of god, please do not go and shoot anyone and give gamers an even worse rep!!!!

Just Jealous,
M

Mysogonist said:
Ok...moral of the story....Jiggs was a conniving customer who tricked the poor BB manager into putting the company into legal jeopardy...AND...he is hooked on painkillers. For the love of god, please do not go and shoot anyone and give gamers an even worse rep!!!!

Just Jealous,
M

Not exactly, the pills are amoxicillin, and all I did was ask the guy to check if there was a street date, because to my knowledge, there was not one. He checked and saw that there wasn't... and I got Doom3.

ny555, I tried calling you back but it didn't go through... how'd everything work out for you?

Anyone else try going to a BB with my receipt? I feel so honored :)

On the whole fining retailers subject, whenever a retailer enters into a contract with a vendor there are legal means of recorse whenever eather one of them breaks terms of the agreement.

If Activition (like Disney, New Line, Paramont) has street dates, those are set by contracts. If a retailer breaks a contract there are concequences. The same goes that if Activision had said that everyone would have the games to sell on a specific date but failed to get it to one retailer before that time then the retailer could seek compensation since there competition had it but they did not despite there contract with Activision.

Its all business! Thats what the 10K per copy is all about. If you have a retailer stupid enough to break the rules, make an example of them.

I

Tim said:
You can't really make ths statement until you've actually seen the game played.
Watched a guy play the alpha at LAN party.... Looks like poo to me.

The SOURCE and HL2 look absolutely gorgeous to me. To me things in Doom 3 look slightly super imposed onto the scene and the models for the zombies are far too "polygonal" looking for me.

wtf do you expect from an alpha? the same quality as a finished product? not on something that was never meant to be released to the public in the first place. take a look at some of the new screens from [H]ard|OCP, or even better, go buy the game, then make your judgement on IQ.

L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:
Watched a guy play the alpha at LAN party.... Looks like poo to me.

You are retarded if you judge a game based on version .02 of it.

eraser_16 said:
wtf do you expect from an alpha? the same quality as a finished product? not on something that was never meant to be released to the public in the first place. take a look at some of the new screens from [H]ard|OCP, or even better, go buy the game, then make your judgement on IQ.
The engine was still complete with all the effects on at really high settings... The whole look and feel of everything in Doom 3 are unimpressive to me.

[EDIT] Smith, don't be an ass it's just a game. :)

L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:
The engine was still complete with all the effects on at really high settings... The whole look and feel of everything in Doom 3 are unimpressive to me.

the engine was not complete, and all the textures were very low quality, like lower than quake3.

L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:

The "alpha" wasn't even an alpha. It was a build made up by id for E3. The highest resolution was 640x480 and it was all low settings. :rolleyes:

RagingGecko said:
The "alpha" wasn't even an alpha. It was a build made up by id for E3. The highest resolution was 640x480 and it was all low settings. :rolleyes:
No you could change the resolution through the game settings text file. Just change a number and it changes the resolution.

Latest screen from the Jiggs camp:
doom3ingame2.jpg

On medium quality settings at 1024x768...

Anyone know where I can get an OEM heat sink fan for a 9700 pro? Mines dead - forcing me to use a GF4 Ti4600 :(

Jiggs said:
Not exactly, the pills are amoxicillin, and all I did was ask the guy to check if there was a street date, because to my knowledge, there was not one. He checked and saw that there wasn't... and I got Doom3.

ny555, I tried calling you back but it didn't go through... how'd everything work out for you?

Anyone else try going to a BB with my receipt? I feel so honored :)

I just got back.I looked for the guy in the geek squad T but didnt see him,so i asked the guy working in the department,and he got real pissed and told me he is probably losing his job over this.So i said,well the damage is already done so sell me one.Then he took off and went to another area.Then i saw the guy in the black geek squat T and asked him,then he left,then the other guy finally came back and refused to sell me a copy.So me and my fiance went to the king of prussia mall and bought stuff,all in all it was a fun trip.More then likely the game will get ripped before the release date so ill just download it,and save $55 bucks :D

:( didn't mean to make anyone lose their job...

What did they guy you talked to look like?

Jiggs said:
Anyone know where I can get an OEM heat sink fan for a 9700 pro? Mines dead - forcing me to use a GF4 Ti4600 :(
I would just pick up a VGA Silencer for $15. Cheap and gets rid of nasty hot air out the back. :p

Interesting, the only other guy that I even dealt with at all was a short white dude with curly hair. He was the first employee to grab a copy and buy it for himself...

Oh well, not my fault

EDIT: Yeah, the new HS/HSF has to be able to fit into a SS51g, making my options very limited..... I've yet to find something that will fit :(

ny555soul said:
I just got back.I looked for the guy in the geek squad T but didnt see him,so i asked the guy working in the department,and he got real pissed and told me he is probably losing his job over this.So i said,well the damage is already done so sell me one.Then he took off and went to another area.Then i saw the guy in the black geek squat T and asked him,then he left,then the other guy finally came back and refused to sell me a copy.So me and my fiance went to the king of prussia mall and bought stuff,all in all it was a fun trip.More then likely the game will get ripped before the release date so ill just download it,and save $55 bucks :D

No one will rip it, if the person who downloads it connects to the internet while installing, then the original buyer's copy is destroyed. Too much risk.

Jiggs said:
Interesting, the only other guy that I even dealt with at all was a short white dude with curly hair. He was the first employee to grab a copy and buy it for himself...

Oh well, not my fault

EDIT: Yeah, the new HS/HSF has to be able to fit into a SS51g, making my options very limited..... I've yet to find something that will fit :(

Its not your fualt at all.If their gonna let their employees buy a copy,then they have no right refusing to sell to the rest of us.You just got lucky,and i hope they do get fined.Honestly i hope it gets cracked,and alot of people download it,before its released.I think this whole "has to be sold after the 3rd" is stupid.I was gonna buy it today,tommorow im gonna get it for free.

L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:
No you could change the resolution through the game settings text file. Just change a number and it changes the resolution.

That's still not any indication of final game graphics. Neither is whatever you saw for Half Life 2. As of right now, the only people that can speculate are the ones that have seen the final version.

Tim said:
That's still not any indication of final game graphics. Neither is whatever you saw for Half Life 2. As of right now, the only people that can speculate are the ones that have seen the final version.
I never said that it made the graphics BETTER just that it upped the resolution. Regardless the graphics in the final product will still be similar since they were trying to get a certain look and feel for Doom 3. Which just happens to be very unimpressive looking to me.

Smith said:
No one will rip it, if the person who downloads it connects to the internet while installing, then the original buyer's copy is destroyed. Too much risk.

WTF are you talking about?You dont need internet to play the game,whoever rips it will unplug there modem there iif thats the case.Besides every cracked game comes from a retail version,so what makes this any difference.I think it will be cracks asap just to get credit for being the first and before its available to buy,not to mention its the most wanted game right now.I bet its out by tommorow.

ny555soul said:
WTF are you talking about?You dont need internet to play the game,whoever rips it will unplug there modem there iif thats the case.Besides every cracked game comes from a retail version,so what makes this any difference.I think it will be cracks asap just to get credit for being the first and before its available to buy,not to mention its the most wanted game right now.I bet its out by tommorow.

ny555:
Regardless of weather this game gets released by a group, which i'm sure it will be...you shouldn't announce that you are gonna rip off ID and also you SHOULDN'T RIP OFF ID! Or any developer for that matter. Man, even if you have 1 iota of principal left, buy the game. If there were ever a game to buy, this is it. There is no excuse on this one, none...everybody in here should buy the game and send the message that top-quality titles will be rewarded with great sales. Carmack said he had one good engine left in him and I would be extremely upset if he gives up cause of silly pirates!

Arrrrg Mateys,

M

Mysogonist said:
ny555:
Regardless of weather this game gets released by a group, which i'm sure it will be...you shouldn't announce that you are gonna rip off ID and also you SHOULDN'T RIP OFF ID! Or any developer for that matter. Man, even if you have 1 iota of principal left, buy the game. If there were ever a game to buy, this is it. There is no excuse on this one, none...everybody in here should buy the game and send the message that top-quality titles will be rewarded with great sales. Carmack said he had one good engine left in him and I would be extremely upset if he gives up cause of silly pirates!

Arrrrg Mateys,

M

I actually drove 50 miles today to BUY the game,that best buy already SOLD.They refused to SELL me the game,so if it gets released before they let everyone BUY it,then im gonna DL it.
Im not the only one in this forum that would dl it if they get the chance to play it before they can buy it.If its as good as ID and everyone who played it claims,then i will buy it.But for the time being i may just dl it.

You are such a fucking idiot. They sold it because a nationwide BB computer error. They've fixed the error, and now you must wait like us.

So stop your bitching and wait.

Smith said:
You are such a fucking idiot. They sold it because a nationwide BB computer error. They've fixed the error, and now you must wait like us.

So stop your bitching and wait.
Yeah i remember way back when the movie signs was released,a few stores started renting it so every blockbuster in the country started renting it.how is this any different.They should just start selling it.
BTW i went to best buy it wasnt a computer error.Its was an employee error.

Smith said:

Wow, that really hinders someone who wants to install the game on more than one computer in their house. Is that official or something, cause I never heard about it...

ny555soul said:
Yeah i remember way back when the movie signs was released,a few stores started renting it so every blockbuster in the country started renting it.how is this any different.They should just start selling it.

Since you didn't lash out like I did, I won't continue to use curse words. They stopped because what they were doing was wrong, mmkay? Two wrongs don't make a right, mmkay?

Hey, all the kids are smoking so I guess I should too!

so_cal_forever said:
Wow, that really hinders someone who wants to install the game on more than one computer in their house. Is that official or something, cause I never heard about it...

Just posting what I've heard from people who've played.

so_cal_forever said:

That is smith's OFFICIAL opinion.

Back