Doom3 Plano Best Buy

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got back from Best Buy in Plano, Texas. I was expecting to see maybe 100 people. I'd say close to 500 showed up along with half of Id Software headed up by Marty Stratton. A local radio station also showed up, 102.1 The Edge. I did get a Doom3 t-shirt, an EDGE t-shirt, and a Geek Squad t-shirt (Best Buy tech help dept.) So it was well worth the 4 hour wait to get 3 t-shirt and Doom3 for $60.

Kyle pulled up about 11:00 video camera in hand along with a whole bunch of other people with fancy shmancy cameras too. I was lucky number 7 in line. What sucks though is that I have to be at work at 4 am so I have to wait til tomorrow at 1 pm to play it.

The people at my Best Buy didn't know what doom3 was. They thought I was talking about Dune 3.

GOD DAMMIT!! I KNEW THE id GUYS WERE GOING TO SHOW UP @ PLANO!!!

i preordered @ my local eb so i could get the game at 7, now i wish i had gone to the plano BB!

I just got back.. i drove 2 hours from Waco texas it was freaking worth it.. i was about 150..
I got doom 3 unopened signed by most of the members of Id software.. and a d3 poster signed by all of them.. I also made it in Kyles cam a bunch hope he posts the video of it.

anyways i have an Unopened D3 fully signed box and one coming tomorrow from gamestop.. havent decided what im going to do.. I think ill keep this signed one sealed..

BoogerBomb said:
Just got back from Best Buy in Plano, Texas. I was expecting to see maybe 100 people. I'd say close to 500 showed up along with half of Id Software headed up by Marty Stratton. A local radio station also showed up, 102.1 The Edge. I did get a Doom3 t-shirt, an EDGE t-shirt, and a Geek Squad t-shirt (Best Buy tech help dept.) So it was well worth the 4 hour wait to get 3 t-shirt and Doom3 for $60.

Kyle pulled up about 11:00 video camera in hand along with a whole bunch of other people with fancy shmancy cameras too. I was lucky number 7 in line. What sucks though is that I have to be at work at 4 am so I have to wait til tomorrow at 1 pm to play it.

lol, i was lucky NUMBER 1 in line, i got to be the person that started the line, i think i remember you there, Kyle Bennett was talking to us, and people were taking pictures of us, me, my brother, and my friend. and several of the id employees came and talked to us. it felt really cool to be the first person in line. :D

Ok here it is in all its glory

D3.jpg

(its late so i didnt make it look nice.. but its the inside of the box flap

eraser_16 said:
lol, i was lucky NUMBER 1 in line, i got to be the person that started the line, i think i remember you there, Kyle Bennett was talking to us, and people were taking pictures of us, me, my brother, and my friend. and several of the id employees came and talked to us. it felt really cool to be the first person in line. :D

I was the fat Mexican with the black jeans on. Boy was that a mistake. Your the group that came from OK right?

Damnit... I knew I should have ditched my date last night. Man I feel dumb for not going... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Back