DoubleSight DS-265W Official discussion!

Guys it's @ $370 shipped after MIR from newegg... Given all it's problem(s), would the most adamant naysayers still give it a shot at that price? TBH, the thought of a H-IPS panel for under $400 is quite enticing, but I still have my reservations with regards to this monitor.

Would any DS-265W owners be willing/kind enough to give their own two cents? Thanks!

Reiterating the Newegg sale, $399 delivered plus a $30 MIR. I have two coming in today for $799 delivered.

It will be next week when I can setup and try them. It's hard to see how this will not work, I am swapping these with a Dell 1905fp and a Samsung 204B with a spent backlight.

These are going in a multimonitor setup for 2d charting with a Samsumg 244t and a Doublesight 263n. By eye the 263N looks a bit better than the 244T, no real testing. I have the 263N dual fed with a Samsung DB260F HDTV OTA tuner and that does work beautifully, that's my hdtv.

I have no idea about issues. Basically you should expect to drive the monitor at its native resolution. More inputs would be nice but if you have three or four sources you are looking for an external switch or an AVR.

I'm very close to ordering this monitor. I really want something that has PIP though. Does anyone know of a similar monitor with PIP?

this monitor is now $399 without any codes and still has the $30 rebate until June. I'm very close to getting this over the hp lp2475w, which costs over $100 more. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Last edited:
I would also like to know if the current owners of this monitor think its worth having at $370. That's an awfully nice price for a 26" IPS panel. Worth it to spend more?

this monitor is now $399 without any codes and still has the $30 rebate until June. I'm very close to getting this over the hp lp2475w, which costs over $100 more. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Also would like to know people's thoughts on the deal at newegg!

I would also like to know if the current owners of this monitor think its worth having at $370. That's an awfully nice price for a 26" IPS panel. Worth it to spend more?

Well I got it late last week. Came with the A-TW Polarizer and no dead pixels. I personally think it's a steal for $370. H-IPS and A-TW polarizer, plus the same panel as the NEC LCD2690WUXi/Planar PX2611? Seems pretty darn good to me. The build quality does seems to be on the cheaper side of things, though. No NEC/high end Dell rugged construction style here.

Any more inputs on this monitor? People are saying its crap for build quality, dead pixels, flickering, and even humming.

Little update, the first DS-265W I ordered had an odd defect that was only noticeable when displaying a black background... It's kind of difficult to describe since I wasn't there to witness it first hand(bought it for my dad and had it shipped to him), but the defect could best be described as a pinkish corona near the center of the screen that was quite large and visible.

Newegg graciously offered a shipping label on them and the turnaround(shipped to the warehouse, unit inspected, rma approved and finally replacement sent) took 2 weeks. +1 newegg!

Fortunately the second monitor is "flawless" other than the lack of backlight control, but I new that beforehand... Is it possible to replace the non-adjustable inverter with an adjustable inverter?

Little update, the first DS-265W I ordered had an odd defect that was only noticeable when displaying a black background... It's kind of difficult to describe since I wasn't there to witness it first hand(bought it for my dad and had it shipped to him), but the defect could best be described as a pinkish corona near the center of the screen that was quite large and visible.

Newegg graciously offered a shipping label on them and the turnaround(shipped to the warehouse, unit inspected, rma approved and finally replacement sent) took 2 weeks. +1 newegg!

Fortunately the second monitor is "flawless" other than the lack of backlight control, but I new that beforehand... Is it possible to replace the non-adjustable inverter with an adjustable inverter?

Do monitors use inverters? Anyway, it might be "possible", but unless you're an electrical engineer by both degree and trade I wouldn't bet on you getting it right the first time. Adjustable fluorescent backlights aren't a simple matter of current adjustment.

wow

Big variation in panels. I bought two. I have been playing with the first screen and left the other in the box because I did not know if it would go back unopened.

First screen had problems already noted. It was way too bright, enough to be uncomfortable after 30 seconds. Web surfing anything with a white screen was measurable in minutes, like how much could you take. Backlight control does not work, lowering brightness causes the edges to darken first and the colors to collapse. I actually considered trying it with sunglasses on. Everything else was good. Great sharpness and viewing angles, maybe one or two stuck pixels but they are not visible without pixel buddy. First panel has a wash of backlight bleed on black screen but not objectionable, the screen is almost never black. I tried tweaking adjustments but could not get the perfect mix because of the excess brightness.

It's good as a hdtv display fed by the Samsung DB260F OTA tuner. I tried swapping with the DS263N right next to it and could not see enough difference. The display is as good or better than the signal.

Second screen is ... wow, awesome, a keeper.

Just took it out of the box because I was getting to Newegg's 30 day window. Brightness, color, everything is beautiful. I knew in less than a minute this screen was great. No backlight wash at black screen, quick check with pixel buddy may show one bad pixel, maybe not, have to try a Q tip and alcohol. I did not adjust anything, don't want to. Seems like the same screen with a great backlight.

So, the bright screen displays are good if viewing from 4 ft or so. If you have to stare at it all day up close, that may not work., There's no savings if the display is uncomfortable.

I'm pretty sure that if all the displays matched my second screen there would be a lot of wow reviews, very easy and nice to look at, no eye fatigue.

Once the displays are in place they will be used for grey background charting which I'm sure will work, they're both keepers for me.

Power bricks make zero noise but run warm. Make sure they have free air circulation, no contact with anything combustible.

Good luck hunting.

I've pretty much made up my mind that I want this monitor. My only concern... brightness. How are you guys dealing with that? Does tweaking do any good?

I generally like a dimmer monitor because I'm looking at it for such a long period of time.

Sorry to drag this back up, but is obtaining this monitor still a gamble? I can only find it used or open box, does that add to the risk significantly? I would be using it for gaming on pc. Thanks.

I ended up getting the Doublesight DS-265W for $449 no sales tax and $40 for shipping. So about $500 That seems like a good deal. This LCD does have the AW coating on it right? Can't wait to get it. It will replace my 22 inch...

Back