Downgrading from LTE

elleana

2[H]4U
Anyone go from an LTE plan to no LTE for whatever reason? Can you deal with the decreased speeds? Am vaguely toying with the idea of picking up a Japanese Android phone. Sharp and Fujitsu make the most awesome phones, but for some strange reason they are locked such that the LTE radio is unusable outside of Japan.

Have been on LTE for a while now, and have definitely gotten used to insta-loading web pages on my mobile. Wondering how life will be like without it..

If you have tmobile then you should be just fine. I only NEED lte because at work my hspa+ does not penetrate the building as good as lte does. Which is fine because i should not be on my phone much at work anyway:).

Anyone go from an LTE plan to no LTE for whatever reason? Can you deal with the decreased speeds? Am vaguely toying with the idea of picking up a Japanese Android phone. Sharp and Fujitsu make the most awesome phones, but for some strange reason they are locked such that the LTE radio is unusable outside of Japan.

Have been on LTE for a while now, and have definitely gotten used to insta-loading web pages on my mobile. Wondering how life will be like without it..

easy... turn off LTE on your phone, and just use 3/3.5/"4"G :D

just wondering, what phones do you have in mind? I know japanese phones sometimes come with "weird" features like IR blaster, DVB tv tuner, but some of the features won't work outside japan either (DVB tv tuner probably won't work in USA which uses ATSC)

easy... turn off LTE on your phone, and just use 3/3.5/"4"G :D

just wondering, what phones do you have in mind? I know japanese phones sometimes come with "weird" features like IR blaster, DVB tv tuner, but some of the features won't work outside japan either (DVB tv tuner probably won't work in USA which uses ATSC)

Actually that's what I've been doing for the past couple of days. Currently using the Nexus 5, which allows me to choose preferred network - either LTE, 3G or 2G. Am on 3G, so HSPDA speeds, which is pretty decent! Will try for a few more days, but so far have been surviing well.

Originally wanted the Sharp Aquos 302SH from Softbank (it puts all other similar Android phones to shame) but understand those can't be unlocked for use outside of Japan. So right now its between the Sharp Zeta SH-01F and the Fujitsu Arrows F-01F, both from NTTDocomo. 5" beauties.

Actually that's what I've been doing for the past couple of days. Currently using the Nexus 5, which allows me to choose preferred network - either LTE, 3G or 2G. Am on 3G, so HSPDA speeds, which is pretty decent! Will try for a few more days, but so far have been surviing well.
well, I had survived on 0.1 mbps speeds for 13 days (the speeds that t-mobile has after you go past the limit on postpaid)... no video/music streaming, but (almost) enough for web surfing

Originally wanted the Sharp Aquos 302SH from Softbank (it puts all other similar Android phones to shame) but understand those can't be unlocked for use outside of Japan. So right now its between the Sharp Zeta SH-01F and the Fujitsu Arrows F-01F, both from NTTDocomo. 5" beauties.

well, maybe the Sony Z1 is closest to the Aquos 302SH (snapdragon 800, 1080p, water resistant, microSD slot).... what puts 302SH above Z1 in your opinion? (think Sony's display is slightly inferior)

I'm just wary of buying such phones due to warranty and lack of custom ROMs

I deal with both. I have a lumia 1020 on ATT with LTE and an iphone 5s(work phone) on ntelos is still running on 3g(they don't have their lte up yet).

I do notice a difference but for the most part the 3g works fine for basic work.

I'm on Verizon and my account is still flagged for unlimited 4G even though the phone I had on it (Droid Razr) died. I put my old iphone 4s on that line just to have a phone again and Honestly, I can do without the speed, I like having the extra battery life and the small size of the iphone better.

I actually want to just remain on ATT's so called normal 4g rather than their LTE. Faster speeds=cap getting the hell blown out of it.. I rather them expand caps than to bother with faster speeds.. Its stupid downloading 75 mbps when you have a 10 gig cap that your damn phone can burn up by simply checking for shit every few minutes if don't turn it off correctly..

well, I had survived on 0.1 mbps speeds for 13 days (the speeds that t-mobile has after you go past the limit on postpaid)... no video/music streaming, but (almost) enough for web surfing

well, maybe the Sony Z1 is closest to the Aquos 302SH (snapdragon 800, 1080p, water resistant, microSD slot).... what puts 302SH above Z1 in your opinion? (think Sony's display is slightly inferior)

I'm just wary of buying such phones due to warranty and lack of custom ROMs

Well, generally, screen, build quality, battery life. Though I must say the difference is rather fine and if I didn't know about the existence of these phones I probably would be perfectly happy with the Z1.

Have been using stuff without warranty for years and am probably able to deal with that. Agree with your point on custom ROMs though, but lately have been pretty lazy when it comes to tinkering and have generally been happy with stock (except Touchwiz, which made me want to cry but thats another story).

Back