Download Accelerator

Kathy

Limp Gawd
Is there a Download Accelerator that works and without spy-ware? Thanks!

Kathy

Here is what I use Free Download Manager. and it is free it allows for restarting of downloads and multiple connections (32767 allowable but I have never gotten past 300 simultaneous connections) plus a lot of features.

From one Michigander to another.

Covertoperator said:
Here is what I use Free Download Manager. and it is free it allows for restarting of downloads and multiple connections (32767 allowable but I have never gotten past 300 simultaneous connections) plus a lot of features.

QFT. i was using leechget, and it just buggyish and what not. tried FDM, e-mazing! wish someone had told me about it sooner.

Thanks guys!

I downloaded it but it's doesn't seem to be working for me. I have Direcway (two way) so that might be part of the problem, I don't know. It shows the file to be downloaded but I keep getting a (network error) and can't find server. But if it can't the server how would it be able to show the file? Oh well, I'll try try it again later and thanks again for the link!

Kathy

Covertoperator said:

From one Michigander to another.
Another vote for Free Download Manager! Too bad you can't get it working, it really is an amazing program...

Kathy said:
Thanks guys!

I downloaded it but it's doesn't seem to be working for me. I have Direcway (two way) so that might be part of the problem, I don't know. It shows the file to be downloaded but I keep getting a (network error) and can't find server. But if it can't the server how would it be able to show the file? Oh well, I'll try try it again later and thanks again for the link!

Kathy
Hay Kathy can you Wide Open West (W.O.W.) cable in your area?

If you can get their cable modem it's like 54.99 for up to 6 Megs per./sec. this is there current highest speed available and every time they upgrade the system to a faster speed you get the upgraded speed at the same price you were paying before and if you rent their cable modem (only $5.00 per. month) if anything goes wrong with it like it stops wrong the will come and replace it free and no I do not work for W.O.W. .

Covertoperator said:
Hay Kathy can you Wide Open West (W.O.W.) cable in your area?

If you can get their cable modem it's like 54.99 for up to 6 Megs per./sec. this is there current highest speed available and every time they upgrade the system to a faster speed you get the upgraded speed at the same price you were paying before and if you rent their cable modem (only $5.00 per. month) if anything goes wrong with it like it stops wrong the will come and replace it free and no I do not work for W.O.W. .

No, Direcway is the only thing I can get and it sucks! I can't even get DSL from my phone company. :(

Well I couldn't get it to work so I un-installed it and tried Download Accelerator, it works but I know it has spy-ware. But even it seems slow, I used to get downloads of 100 to 125 kb's and now I'm only getting 35 kb's. Guess I'm just stuck with it until I get Cable or DSL in my area.

Anyway, thanks for all the input, I appreciate it!

Kathy

FlashGet has always been one of the best download managers and the latest version no longer has the banner at the top of it when your using the unregistered product.

Back