Draconic Inferno

Armonkyi

n00b
Well I've long been a lurker of this forum, and now I have some stuff to contribute :D
Will take me a bit to get all the pictures sorted ready for posting, but for now here is a teaser image:
sofar.jpg

Yes, that's done in sketchup. And the tubes are square beccause its SO much easier modeling them that way. You should also get to see what hardware I'm going to be using too.

More to come later ;) (hopefully today)

(staggering the backlog so as not to pwn my bandwidth and give people some time to comment instead of a flood of images lol.)

Every modder needs his tools, so here are mine.
tools.jpg

Here's my ghetto ATX pin removal trick. Two modded staples, a lot of pain, and.. it works.
removingastaple.jpg

Here is an inprogress shot of the cablesleeving.
slevedcables.jpg

Here is the victim computer, previously watercooled, then aircooled, now about to be watercooled and modded :D
beforegutting.jpg

We first need to empty it, so here it is stripped of nearly everything.
aftergutting.jpg

I also marked out some holes for where the res will go here. Mini-Armon stands in the case to give an idea of scale. He's the size of a tennisball.
guideholes.jpg

Here's a picture of the backpanel, this is going to see a lot of modding in the next few posts :p
backplate.JPG

More later!

More pics!
Here's a picture of the res in position.
resposition.jpg

The backpanel taped up ready to be cut...
backpanel1.jpg

Of course, hacksawing the Armor's 1mm+ thick steel isn't easy, so I let Mini-Armon do it instead. :D
miniarmonsaw.jpg

Here he is inspecting the cut to see how much filing needs to be done
miniarmoninspect.jpg

And the finished result. It's not 100% neat, but it's going to be covered anyway, so it's not that much of a concern.
holefiled.jpg

One of the main problems with the case is the BLINDINGLY BLUE power LED. It's the wrong colour. So here's the unit with everything in..
powerled1.jpg

The front removed...
powerled2.jpg

And the offending LED popped out, replaced with the orange one, then put back in.
powerled3.jpg

More later!

Another shot of the res being positioned:
restest.jpg

Mini-Armon armed with a drill ready to drill some rivets!
miniarmondrill.jpg

This is the bit we are removing:
annoyingbit.jpg

A picture of some of the rivets that need drilling:
rivetdrill.jpg

Here's Mini-Armon posing with the removed peice:
drillsuccess.jpg

More later!

Theme will be black/orangelit with dragons here and there, hense the name Draconic Inferno :D
And yes, mini-Armon is very usefull x3

More pics xD

Mini-Armon came back from the pub with a new friend recently o.o;
armonandfriend.jpg

Anyway, heres the 10mm thick Acrylic I will be using. Yep, 10mm :D clear as air. You could put this infront of someone and they wouldn't know about it until they hit it :D
yayacryllic.jpg

Here Mini-Armon taped up the top of the case ready to be drawn on for cutting.
tapedtop.jpg

Here he is tracing the top part.
tracetop.jpg

And here is the outline to cut.
outlinetocut.jpg

Incase you are wondering why, it's going to look like this when I'm done:
topsection.jpg

Troney1169 said:
Looks good, but i was wondering what is this gonna have with dragons.
Mostly the fangrills, and one of the sidepanels will have a cool design :D

Yep, more pictures!

To make sure my design for the front acrylic peice was okay, a template needed to be drawn.
miniarmondrawtemplate.jpg

Which was moved to the case, positioned, trimmed...
miniarmoncarrytemplate.jpg

...and measured.
coonymeasure.jpg

This was then put into sketchup via Mini-Armon, with a new model made to spec.
miniarmonsketchup.jpg

And here's Armon's friend helping getting positions and approx measurements for Mini-Armon
coonyhelp.jpg

With this, a model for some MDF fabrication to help support the radiator was created.
mdfsavestheday.png

Started filing out holes for the tubes in the radiator to fit through:
almostthere2.jpg

And here it is with the radiator/fan attached :D
yaysuccess.jpg

Also drilled some holes for something, but what you might ask?
newholes.jpg

To hold an inverter, of course :)
holdsinverter.jpg

More later!

Nice. Awesome pictures! My loud Xeon computer sitting next to me needs to get a dose of healthy watercooling and modding.

Thanks for the comments btw :D

Here's some shots showing progress of the custom back fangrill:
grill01.jpg

grill02.jpg

grill03.jpg

grill04.jpg

grill05.jpg

grill06.jpg

This is how it was done. Really. No photoshopping at all. Mini-Armon has superpowers, you see. Helps a lot as you can imagine :rolleyes:
miniarmonhax.jpg

More later :eek:

I cant take the little animals....lol...My dog and my cat get in the way, I wish I had helpers like you do.

Good work so far, keep it up.

But it's sooo shiiinyyy... (Mini-Armon being pulled away from fangril)
butitssoshiny.jpg

I'm going to replace the top section with mesh mostly, instead of the cutout hexmesh Thermaltake uses, so, Obviously, we need a jigsaw..
WITH FRICKIN LASERS ATTACHED TO ...yeah :p
withfrickinlaserbeams.jpg

Here is the cut hole:
holecutintop.jpg

And the hole with edging.
holewithedgeing.jpg

For spraypainting, the top needed to be removed.
removingtop.jpg

This is the case, almost completely stripped of everything
skeletonofacase.jpg

I nearly forgot to remove the plasticy bits. Fortunately, Mini-Armon's friend sorted it out.
removingplasticthings.jpg

Your friends ROCK

espically dat dude friend, i think hes hitting on you

Here, Mini-Armon's friend cuts the mesh to the right size.
coonycutmesh.jpg

However, the mesh attempted to escape. It was promptly restrained.
meshrestrained.jpg

And now the spraypainting :eek:

Here is the spraypaint, and pistolgrip for the cans (makes it a lot easier)
spraypaint.jpg

Mini-Armon moves one of the panels into position:
armonmovepanel.jpg

Various progress shots of painting:
spraypainted01.jpg

spraypaint02.jpg

spraypaint03.jpg

And the finished result:
spraypaint04.jpg

This was a cool effect I saw when moving the fangrill:
cooleffect.jpg

More later!

Last update for a bit - got my cards ready to be watercooled. Turned my thumbs into fleshy waffles too.
(yay for painful zalman painsinks..heatsinks)

Omg! graphics card pr0n! look away!
nakedcard.jpg

Pic of a finished card - love the leadtek backplate - makes things so much easier, and gives additional cooling :D
cardbehind.jpg

card1done.jpg

Finished result!
finishedcards.jpg

Yes, one block was bought before the other :p

More in a bit, will be busy for a while though.

"virtual update"
Rebuilt the case in sketchup so it was more accurate. Made a few changes to reflect change of equipment I may get.
sortafinished.jpg

Yep. That's an aquaero. I have such a multibrand computer, :D

Lets see...
Danger Den, Swiftech, Aquacomputer, Alphacool, Hardwarelabs... here I was thinking I'd try to stick to one brand..lol.

I think I'm gonna be watching this one...could very well be the first attractive Tt case I've seen...pity it takes so much time/money to make them that way. ;) :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I think I'm gonna be watching this one...could very well be the first attractive Tt case I've seen...pity it takes so much time/money to make them that way. ;) :p
The armor does live up to it's name though.. very very strong, very very big, and very very heavy :rolleyes:

My next project is likely to be a Qx-pack, which should be fun :D

are you a furry? i mean the combination of the stuffed animals and the wolf grill is rather odd...

jtobrien said:
are you a furry? i mean the combination of the stuffed animals and the wolf grill is rather odd...
It's actually a dragon, and yes I am.
However ignore what you've seen on CSI/MTV etc.. the stereotype fits a small minority of the fandom :p Most of us are just "werewolf/etc" fans, but the media and internet n00bs like to focus on the obscure and outright weird end of the fandom.

As you can imagine, I don't fit the stereotype :rolleyes:

Armonkyi said:
It's actually a dragon, and yes I am.
However ignore what you've seen on CSI/MTV etc.. the stereotype fits a small minority of the fandom :p Most of us are just "werewolf/etc" fans, but the media and internet n00bs like to focus on the obscure and outright weird end of the fandom.

As you can imagine, I don't fit the stereotype :rolleyes:
oh my god

EDIT: http://genmay.net/showthread.php?p=18229051#post18229051

lollolo

Armonkyi said:
I'm so scared AAAAAAAA D: :rolleyes:
well genmay can hijack your aim name and some members there have contacted schools other people attended because they posted something stupid at genmay.

we have spammers there, too like ytcracker he's a big time spammer. and M|22 does a damn fine job running the place. we can get vbull upgraded in less than a day. and that tobrien character is one helluva guy.

wtf ever. I knew a scary chick that was one of the aforementioned furry stereotypes, dam good artist, but she had this wierd thing about drawing guys she liked with wolf heads. . kinda creeped me out. Then i gave up when one of my friends actually hooked up with her, she was just plain nuts. Even-so doesn't mean they are all nutty like that :rolleyes: . Unless you know the guy don't pretend to know what he is like.

board2death986 said:
wtf ever. I knew a scary chick that was one of the aforementioned furry stereotypes, dam good artist, but she had this wierd thing about drawing guys she liked with wolf heads. . kinda creeped me out. Then i gave up when one of my friends actually hooked up with her, she was just plain nuts. Even-so doesn't mean they are all nutty like that :rolleyes: . Unless you know the guy don't pretend to know what he is like.
I know I don't know him but he's a furry and that's one of the most disgusting non-illegal traits a person can possess

yea it's wierd, but the modding aint bad, and that's what we are here for. So instead of turning this into a digital salem witch trials, how about we comment on the casemod?

Back