Dremel rotary tool kit on sale at Lowes

Nivram

Gawd
Okay, I could put this in the "hot deals" section, but since mostly modders would be interested, I figured I'd put it here. If the mods want to move it, please feel free. :)

Saw this today, in the Lowes ad that came in the mail. Dremel 50-piece rotary tool kit, normally priced at $69.97, on sale for $39. Not sure if the link directly to the product will work, but try this and if that doesn't work, go to http://www.lowes.com and look up item # 129666 (<<seems appropriate to have that number, this close to the "666" day, eh?? LOL :p ).

Anyways, not sure what the "normal" price of these really might be, but when I saw them putting it on sale for (supposedly) almost half price, that seemed like a good deal to put here for my fellow modders. Heck, I might go pick one of these up tomorrow! :D

Doesn't seem that this is on sale , but it seems that this is the normal price. No other price on the page!

Picked mine up, thanks OP!

Everywhere else on the net seems to have it for around 70-80 dollars, so its good to me!

you guys think it would be worth it to spend the extra 20 dollars and get the one mentioned instead of the 20 dollar cordless one?

Cordless is all but useless except for really small obs, for case modding it just dont run long enough, i had one for a while and was not able to cut a single 80mm Fan hole without haveing to recharge it.
I wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago, I would really like a new one.

alrighty, i was thinking mroe so that it would not have enough torque more so than bettry duration. thanks for the info

lozaning said:
alrighty, i was thinking mroe so that it would not have enough torque more so than bettry duration. thanks for the info
No dremel has hardly any torque, its all about RPMs.

I will pick these up as soon as I get the cash. I have a 25 dollar Target clone that is going on 2 years old and the button you press to lock the head so you can change bits just broke, so if I want to change bits, I have to take it apart, grip the driveshaft with pliers, and do it that way. Oh the horror...

Nivram I just wanted to say thanks. I oicked up a $39 dremel today (last one) They had a other one that was $49 but had less stuff and had less speed control on it.

Thanks for the tip.. Mark

Well, I got my dremel for father's day.

Now to find some time away from the family to be able to use it.

:mad:

Wee! Thanks OP. I picked one up this morning in Wake Forest, NC. 'Twas the last one. :D

Psyc said:
Wee! Thanks OP. I picked one up this morning in Wake Forest, NC. 'Twas the last one. :D
Was it still on sale?

NM: just had to put the zip code in. still on sale and appears in stock

Ok, I'm a newb. I have an engraving Dremel, but this is my first "regular" Dremel.

I'm about to cut a window into the side of my case, but I can't figure out how to put the cutting disc on the mandrel. The screw up top won't come off.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Nevermind I finally got it off. :confused:

just remember to take your time and let the tool determin the speed at which you cut, try and go to fast ad it will bind and kick on you, Like I said before, the Dremel has almost no Torque, its all about RPMs, keep the RPMs up and you should be fine.

Damn, $69.97 now, the deals no longer any good! I was going to grab one next week!

Back