Drive shows up but wont enable?

BoogerB

Limp Gawd
I have a liteon 52xburner w/ 16x dvd combo drive and a 12x dvd burner, both on 1 cable hooked to the first ide on my ic7. The DVD Burner will not show up in my computer and in device manager it says it isn't enabled. When I try to enable it I get a message saying that there is a resource conflict or something like that. Would being on 1 cable cause this? Could it be something in the BIOS? I've looked around and tried everything but a new cable, I was hoping to keep them both on one, but won't that cause direct copies to be slower? I also have a ata100 drive that I'd like to hook up some time, but would rather have that on its own cable. Anyways I've looked around for new drivers, but LiteOn's site says windows default or something like that.... What could be the problem here? Do they need to be on different cables?

Drives are Combo52x/32x/52x/16 LiteON
and DVD +/-RW LiteON SOHW-1213S

Thanks for any help!

Try uninstalling whatever you see under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in device manager then restart your computer.

Will it matter if the top drive is slave and the second drive on the cable is primary, which si backwards from cable select?

Back