driver help needed

ta addict#2

Limp Gawd
my first amd based setup,I got the chipset drivers for my abit an8 from the invidia site,I have 36G raptors to raid0 strip so I extracted the files and find the ones to make the install floppy,this raidtool has no installer exe.,is this a good utility and if so whats the install proceedure for it
and about these other nvidia drivers like for Ide and SMBus,are these good or should I use the MS ones
I got the 148 opty from mwave, xp-120 with the panaflo fan,been reading about the good oc results around here while waiting for funds,hope I get a 3Ger
more to come
[email protected]/sp-94...p4c800e...36raptors in raido... ocz4000grev2...x800txpe equiped

don't install the NVIDIA IDE drivers. they cause all sorts of problems if you have other IDE devices in your machine, like HDs or optical drives.

thanks,I had read before that maybe ms bus drivers are more stable,I'll use them
now if I had all the parts

DO install the SMBus driver, ethernet (but not the Network Access Manager), but don't install the IDE (or sound...different opinions on this...I just use the Realtek drivers).

will do smbus driver and ethernet too,I've got an creative labs a2zs to put in it
seen a couple post about instability with this board,hope I get a good one
read a reveiw about intel vers nforce raid today,for desktop use nforce is as good and better in most uses,in server mode the intel have a real advantage

If you have instability, find out if you need a bios flash. The newer bioses are far superior to the early ones that a lot of reviews were based on.

I plan on bios up-date first thing after boot if it's not current,I wonder if the audio riser card must be installed if no on board sound is to be used
a review of harddrive preformance from a german site found 36 gig raptors in raid0 a little slower than a single 74gig for gaming use and oddly the single 74 gig raptor faster than a pair of the 74's in raid0 for gaming using a 16k/16k strip size

ta addict#2 said:
a review of harddrive preformance from a german site found 36 gig raptors in raid0 a little slower than a single 74gig for gaming use and oddly the single 74 gig raptor faster than a pair of the 74's in raid0 for gaming using a 16k/16k strip size
for general use, single drive setups are usually faster because they don't have the overhead of a RAID setup, but RAID 0 will usually be faster for content creation, working with large files, or multi-user environments.

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/chipset-raid/index.x?pg=1

edit: oops, judging by one of your previous posts, i think you've seen this article already.

I will probably get a current raptor when these two give out,two years of perfect preformance so far,a single 75 is a good size for me for gamming,36 would have been a little too small

Back