Driver help

Itchyeyes

Gawd
Sorry if this is a bit noobish, but I'm upgrading from an 8800GTS to a 4870 and I'm having some issues with the drivers. The short version is that if I use driver cleaner to remove the Nvidia files I get error messages about missing .dll files when I boot up. Performance-wise everything is fine, but I don't like seeing those errors.

Here's a detailed description of what I've tried.
Removed 8800 and installed 4870. Installed ATI drivers without removing Nvidia drivers. Booted up STALKER and saw single digit FPS in some places. Ran driver-cleaner and removed Nvidia files. Rebooted and saw missing .dll file error. Uninstalled ATI programs, rebooted, ran-driver cleaner and removed ATI files, shut down. Replaced 4870 with 8800, installed Nvidia drivers, rebooted. Everything runs fine, no errors. Uninstalled Nvidia software, rebooted, ran driver cleaner and removed Nvidia files, shut down. Replaced 8800 with 4870, boot into safe mode and install ATI drivers. Rebooted, getting error messages but games run just fine now.

I'm assuming that I'm deleting some Nvidia files that I shouldn't be, but I don't want to have to go through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers until I find the one I'm missing. Anyone here know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Back