Driver /SLI problems

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Gents,

Got a problem that is annoying the hell out of me. The last two WHQL nvidia drivers break SLI scaling in Far Cry 4 for me. However, the last version that doesn't causes me problems in Far Cry 4 does in newer games (Dying Light).

I don't have the version numbers to hand but the latest is 347.52 and the last one that worked 344.xx (will have to check which minor rev it was). Everything since the working 344.xx driver that does work, breaks SLI in Far Cry 4.

Has anyone experienced similar and was a fix found? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I had some performance issues with SLI and Farcry 4, and was able to resolve them by forcing maximum performance for the application in Nvidia control panel. This is not the only game I have to do this for. I have also noticed poor performance when running games in windowed mode, but switch to fullscreen resolves that.

Legend!

I was running Borderless Window mode and that's what was causing it.

For reference, I did not experience the issue in driver 344.75, it was only subsequent versions that seem to cause the problem.

However, switching to Fullscreen mode has cured it. I get equal loading across the cards and near perfect scaling.

Thanks again for taking the time to post, it's much appreciated.

Back