Drivers, cooling, or RMA?

Iconz

Gawd
Went to 4.6's w/ my 9700pro two weeks ago. All was well, until a couple of days ago when FarCry started crashing/freezing the computer after about 30mins. This morning I booted up a few times trying to get rid of the wonderful black and white checkerboard pattern! FarCry did crash a little with the previous drivers. I wonder if it is a cooling stock cooling problem that is compounding over time, the drivers, or if the card is going to GPU heaven. I don't OC my vidcards, so that is not a concern. I can try the old drivers but I can barely see anything on the screen, so I want to know if this may help or the card is shot. Thx for your help.

Oh yeah, anyone know the warranty on the OEM radeon's? Bought it from ZZF.com like 6 months ago methinks.

-Iconz

the new drivers must have adjusted the internal speeds of the card and now it appears the RAM is overheating...mine did this all the time until I made a bracket and got 2 fans blowing at vid card now...no more artifacts in anything.

If that turns out to be the problem, should a VGA Silencer do the trick?

I don't think so mine generates heat like crazy I had to make a bracket with 2 CASE fans blowing at it to get sufficient cooling and I also run tower with one panel off so there is NO heat buildup at all now.

Back