Drones Now Taking Jobs From Models

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Fashionista is reporting that at Dolce & Gabbana's Fall 2018 runway show, the luxury fashion house replaced models with drones to show off it's new handbags. While signs and announcements were made in several different languages, it still took around 45 minutes and a stern talking-to for the 600 guests to turn off their personal Wi-Fi and Hotspots in order for the show to go on.

Here I was expecting the first jobs to be lost to the robots would be in manufacturing, not high-fashion models.

The gates to Dolce & Gabbana's heaven opened up, and out flew a handful of drones toting a new style of handbag. They fluttered up towards the angels decorating the set before filing onto the runway.

Yeah I bet they go back to human models. Part of the psychology of selling things like handbags is imagining you're the woman with it. If there's no woman, there's no transposition or empathy.

Heh, obviously the people who put this on were complete amateurs anyway. You should know damn well 2.4ghz isn't going to work indoors with hundreds or thousands of people around. You could have used 27,49,75, 900 or probably several other bands that are available for r/c.

Is that how Amazon is going to deliver them? Saves on packaging costs and lets everyone in the neighborhood see your new fashion slave purchase.

Now this is one area, where I don't want machines to replace man :D

Its always good that machines replace man labor. so that we don't have to rely on third world countries to get cheap labors. I seriously hope for blade runner to turn into a reality

In a lot of the pictures and videos I see of models wearing items being shown, the models look like they are pissed about something. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for how fun the item in question is.

First the Grid girls, now this! IS NOTHING SACRED??

Runway models were kinda "meh" because they were just bean poles with clothes on. But the Grid Girls ban was unacceptable. (Thank God for the Weathertech/Continental girls)

i would have liked to walk through that crowd. Being told to turn off wifi and shit i imagine there was some who were scared.. what do you mean i cant be connected??

dumbasfuck idea whoever thought of this. Unless they're suggesting that women should not wear purses anymore, and instead have a drone tag along and carry it for them.

dumbasfuck idea whoever thought of this. Unless they're suggesting that women should not wear purses anymore, and instead have a drone tag along and carry it for them.

Make it easier on theives to steal it. Also where are they gonna carry the batteries they will need to change every ~10-20 min?

What?
fap.jpg

hey, we're talking about the fashion industry here where just about anything goes. Fashion clothing is like the weather; wait long enough and it's bound to change, then recur (ad infinitum)

bound to change, then recur
Victorian fashions will come back over my dead body. I saw a c1870 cartoon once, guy and gal at party, dressed to hilt, she'd dropped her handkerchief and he's looking down at it and says, "I can't bend over either." Some fashions need to stay dead. Ok that said, I don't care if women pick those fashions up again, but men couldn't possibly repeat that stupidity, I mean we're not that stupid are we (neck ties and cravats excepted)?

Back