ds3 nb cooling question

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
at what fsb should i be concerned about cooling my nb on my ds3 in a better manner? if it helps my ambient temps are fine (room is air conditioned around 65c) and i have adequate case cooling, 120mm intake, 80mm intake, 120mm exhaust, and an ultra-90 heatsink. i'm currently running a presler at 14x287 and its barely warm to touch and i am going to replace it with a e4300 hopefully at 3ghz and higher.

have you done anything with this yet?

my new build in my sig - my nb gets extremely hot (can't touch it more than a second), and I'm researching if I should change it...

I have heard they are ok to run a little hot, burning fingers is a good indication that its time to find something else.

Upping the MCH voltage to +0.1v netted a big increase in heat from my NB. I had AS5'd the stock sink and it was really roasting (shows its working!). I then added a 40mm fan at 5v and it was a lot cooler. I have now got a HR05 to install.

Upping the MCH voltage to +0.1v netted a big increase in heat from my NB. I had AS5'd the stock sink and it was really roasting (shows its working!). I then added a 40mm fan at 5v and it was a lot cooler. I have now got a HR05 to install.

I've been spying getting a Thermalright HR-05 - let us know how that works out for you...

Should have everything tomorrow to do it. I will be fitting with a dangerden maze4 chipset screw kit. Also planning on an Ultra 120.

Hoping to run passively on the HR05. I will be modding the side of my V1000 at some point (once i've finished uni and in the house my gf and I are buying.) with a side 120mm intake to assist the Ultra120 and other bits

It fittts and is running passively. If you can get the SLi version for a bit more leeway

Back