DSL reconnecting all the time?

Peach

Gawd
I recently traded in my Comcast Cable service for Verizon DSL, its alot faster, but for some reason the modem is reconnecting to the service every 15-20 minutes. Its very annoying because i'll get booted from everything related to the internet. I talked to tech support a bunch of times and i found out my telephone wire connecting the modem was really long, so i got a much smaller cable, and its still doing it. Any suggestions?

I work for a DSL ISP and I can tell you that your situation is not acceptable. Call your ISP back and bitch. They may need to send you a new modem unless you bought it yourself. Some DSLAM/Modem combinations are droppy.

First things to check if you keep losing sync on your ADSL modem...

telephone cable length... and quality, any noise on your phone line...

at that point.. can be a faulty DSL modem... could be faulty wiring in the house, could be a bad port on the DSL equipment on Verizon's side, or your distance from the CO or DSlam is far enough to where your modem can't pull good enough signal...

the length of my line is like 2 feet, im about 400 yardss from the DSLAM, and the wiring in the apartment complex is fine, my neighbor has dsl and is having no problems, i'll try calling them tonight and seeing about a new modem

Somethimes they require you to enter into a new 1 year contract in order to get a new free modem if your original modem is older than 1 year. Just a heads up.

i use a SpeedSteam 5200 and it acts as a Gateway and i can view the SNR and Atten. if you can get into your modem/gateway try to check that, Since your in an appartment im not sure how it's setup there but do they have all of your lines in your room filtered but the ont that that modem is on? that would make a diffrence.

Back