dSLR-like recommendations

Looks nice, but I would really like a manual focus. A lot of the shooting I do is of weather (storm chasing) and auto focus+rain on the windshield makes things difficult sometimes.

IT looks like the posted camera does have manual focus. If you read down a bit in the aricle posted it lists manual focus as a feature. I also would reccomend Canon cameras.

Yeah, the S3 IS has a manual focus option:

Focus
• TTL autofocus
• Single / Continuous AF
• Manual focus
• Focus lock
• 1-point AF (center or flexizone)
• 10 cm minimum focus range (macro)

Well despite having a Nikon, the Cannon S3 IS is one of the better P&Ss' out there.

Joves said:
Well despite having a Nikon, the Cannon S3 IS is one of the better P&Ss' out there.

I agree about the S3. The new Canon 800IS is good also. Just what ever you get, make sure it has IS built it. It is necessary. I have also played with the new Panasonic DMC-LX2 and love that camera. It is nice. So take a look at it.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicLX2/

I recommend the S3 for my boss, to give to his wife as, a Bday present. She want to go Dslr eventually but, wanted to wet her feet with digitals. She shoots with film now and, has Nikon glass so, she will go Nikon on a Dslr. I have to go there one of these days and, give her the digital tutorial. Neither of them are tech people. She was using a Gateway with ME loaded to give you an idea. :D

S3 IS, I hate to say it Nikons Dslr likes arent that great to me.

Joves said:
S3 IS, I hate to say it Nikons Dslr likes arent that great to me.

dont hate to say it, they suck ass, but they also have a great (and cheapest) DSLR kit that can be had for only 2 more bill that thease good "Superzooms"

If you dig around (not that many reviews yet) people who have changed from the S3 to s6000fd seem to like it better. Still reading up, havn't decided yet.

I(illa Bee said:
dont hate to say it, they suck ass, but they also have a great (and cheapest) DSLR kit that can be had for only 2 more bill that thease good "Superzooms"
Well I hate to say it because, they used to make the best P&S cameras. My CP995 was a great one. They are focusing everything on the Dslr market now. Which is fine, I love my D50. I cant go back to P&S if I tried.

Back