dual cpu overheat

Bodega

Gawd
if one cpu in a dual system (p3 in this case) overheats does the system act like it would in a single cpu system overheating? one of the cpus in this system is supposedly gettin to 85c by the time i get into bois...

Originally posted by Bodega
if one cpu in a dual system (p3 in this case) overheats does the system act like it would in a single cpu system overheating? one of the cpus in this system is supposedly gettin to 85c by the time i get into bois...

85C is hella hot, you might want to get some better cooling there

i reapplied as5 with a much larger hs, and put a very powerful 80mm on top, now its 'down' to about 50... still seems a bit high for idle, especialy for a 1ghz p3

It could be the mother board sensor give false readings, whats the temp of the other processor; where they both using the same HS at one time?

Originally posted by Evil Result
It could be the mother board sensor give false readings, whats the temp of the other processor; where they both using the same HS at one time?

That has to be. 85C is DAMN hot.

the first cpu is now using stock intel cpu hsf and it as 26idle, the second i put on a bigger hs with a high cfm 80mm on top, and it is at 75-85 idle. both have as5 and both hs's come is good contact with the cpus.

Swap the CPUS around and see if the hot CPU is cooler in the other socket and the cooler one becomes hotter. If this happens its a mobo sensor issue and not the CPU.

it sounds like the sensor, (unless you have the pc over an industrial stove) MAYBE the new hsf is putting a little too much pressure on the temp censor?? your using a thremal compound right (ven if your not 80c is hot for only haveing the pc on for 30 seconds or so)

Back