dual LCD arm... is it any good?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Guys,
Sz1hart, how do you like the arm from the Geek?
Can you give us a review.
Thank Hoods

I bought one off ebay from geeks.com - wanted the extra ebay point, lol.

will post pics and a review of sorts once its here later next week. - ships from cali

If you're getting one of these, please post pictures of your setup after it arrives and you get it together!

I'm curious if this would work for a Dell 2407 and another 19" LCD in portrait mode, or if the 2407 is too heavy.

Bumping this up.

Does anybody know anything about this arm, or at leave have a link to a review?

arm is here, FedEx just dropped it off. Will take pics after work and most likely assemble it.

Opened the box, very well packaged. the construction is solid, I havent connected any LCDs to it yet, thatll be next week most likely, I will add more pics then. The arms are solid and can be tightened to limit the movement or can be loose. all the screws and the tightening key is included. there are also plastic clips to hold the LCD cables.

enjoy the pics, if someone wants a different angle or view please ask.

571cc350.jpg

b3022ad7.jpg

616e758a.jpg

330995fc.jpg

6503b06f.jpg

ff91ef8c.jpg

Tightening bolt to secure the arm to the main tube.

4019ae30.jpg

16828ed7.jpg

84b3abca.jpg

71c2782c.jpg

My only real concern is, what if the screws my dell 17" LCDs are wider then the provided hole... I dont wanna drill..

Well, it has both 75mm and 100mm standard VESA holes, so it should work for both.

I'm really interested in seeing pics from all angles when it's all together, and if you think it would work for a Dell 2407WFP and a 19" Samsung in portrait mode.

The Dell comes in a few pounds under the "max weight" listed on the website, but I'm not sure the arms spread apart far enough for it to work.

I'm really interested in this as well. The only arm that I had ever seen that I thought would meet my needs is the Ergotron HD dual-monitor arm. The problem with that one is that it is over $300. For $35, I could definitely handle this arm. My question is would 2 22" widescreens work with it? They are each 11lbs, so the weight is not an issue, but each monitor is almost 21" wide.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can measure each arm for you guys if like, that should give you some knowledge.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I completely forgot about this post :p

Anyways, I currently have my 2405 on it. I'll try adding another 2405 (hopefully tomorrow). The stand is great for the price, if you're looking for more adjustments and what not look elses where. My only complaint is that I can't push the monitor an further back since the arms are "short."

If you still want pictures I'll add some later

I can measure each arm for you guys if like, that should give you some knowledge.

That would be great. Thanks.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I completely forgot about this post :p

Anyways, I currently have my 2405 on it. I'll try adding another 2405 (hopefully tomorrow). The stand is great for the price, if you're looking for more adjustments and what not look elses where. My only complaint is that I can't push the monitor an further back since the arms are "short."

If you still want pictures I'll add some later

That would be great too. Try out the 2x2405s if you don't mind. Pictures would be great too. Could you explain in more detail what you mean by you can't push the monitor any farther back.

Thanks guys. This looks to be a great deal so far.

Its best if I just take a picture...easier than explaining.

Looks like that person who has the 2405 doesn't want to get ride of it now so yeah. I'm going to probabley get the 22 Acer from BB if its still on sale later. Pictures coming soon :p

Wow - was curious about getting an lcd arm for my upcoming lcd purchase (just one tho) but wanted to say that looks awesome! What monitors are they? Looks like Samsung 226bws?

Hey Sandman. Thanks for the pics. It was me asking in this thread, and me talking about it in the other one too. :)

A quick question for you. Is there any rotation adjustment per screen? Like from portrait to landscape and all the degrees in between?

I would also imagine that you can get the inner bezel of the monitors to touch so there is no space between them. Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Hey Sandman. Thanks for the pics. It was me asking in this thread, and me talking about it in the other one too. :)

A quick question for you. Is there any rotation adjustment per screen? Like from portrait to landscape and all the degrees in between?

I would also imagine that you can get the inner bezel of the monitors to touch so there is no space between them. Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Yes, you can rotate each monitor completely, 360 degrees. And, yep you guessed it, you can move them together so the bezel line is seamless.

This arm seems like a steal! I may have to get one, but worry that everything may not fit on my desk. Would anyone mind measuring the "length" of desk it would take with 2 22" widescreens mounted flush against eachother? I'm not sure how much length the angle takes off. BTW, is it possible to set up the displays as flush w/o an angle with this sized panel?

Thanks!

This arm seems like a steal! I may have to get one, but worry that everything may not fit on my desk. Would anyone mind measuring the "length" of desk it would take with 2 22" widescreens mounted flush against eachother? I'm not sure how much length the angle takes off. BTW, is it possible to set up the displays as flush w/o an angle with this sized panel?

Thanks!

My Acers are just under 21" across. I like having them at an inward angle to each other, but that is just personal preference. I don't have the mount yet, but based on the size gap TheSandman has between his two 22" panels, I wouldn't think there would be any problem at all running them with no angle at all between the monitors.

It looks like a really nice arm. I would still rather have one arm that holds both monitors (like the Ergotron HD Dual Monitor Arm), but I can think of many more things I would rather spend upwards of $400 on. This arm looks to be really nice, and the price is definitely right.

if anyone has any worries of this arm not being able to hold 2 22" inch screens, rest assured this thing can hold to 30 inchers EASY. the construction is SUPERBLY rigid. each arm is very heavy and so is the main tube. i like it how you can tighten a certain part of the arm not to move at all and make another part very easy to move around. I think its the best 60 bucks Ive spent on my PC improvement.

My Acers are just under 21" across. I like having them at an inward angle to each other, but that is just personal preference. I don't have the mount yet, but based on the size gap TheSandman has between his two 22" panels, I wouldn't think there would be any problem at all running them with no angle at all between the monitors.

It looks like a really nice arm. I would still rather have one arm that holds both monitors (like the Ergotron HD Dual Monitor Arm), but I can think of many more things I would rather spend upwards of $400 on. This arm looks to be really nice, and the price is definitely right.

When you say 21" across, I assume you mean the length across the top of one of the monitors? I'm looking for the measurement of both monitors (length-wise) when mounted at an angle such that the screens are not straight across. That is, end-to-end of one monitor to the other, straight across.

Obviously, I could multiply 22" by 2, but this would not be taking into account the mounting angle of the displays. I guess I didn't explain this too well since I was in a rush to leave. Look at SandMan's setup as an example of what I mean, but take away the gap between the monitors.

The main reason I am asking is I am moving this coming fall to another apartment complex that is pre-furnished. I want to make sure ahead of time that I can fit my displays and have room for other things (PC, desk lamp, etc) on the new desk. Thanks a ton in advance to anyone who takes the time to do this for me :p .

That ergotron mount is a wall mount only. Not desk mountable.

When you say 21" across, I assume you mean the length across the top of one of the monitors? I'm looking for the measurement of both monitors (length-wise) when mounted at an angle such that the screens are not straight across. That is, end-to-end of one monitor to the other, straight across.

Obviously, I could multiply 22" by 2, but this would not be taking into account the mounting angle of the displays. I guess I didn't explain this too well since I was in a rush to leave. Look at SandMan's setup as an example of what I mean, but take away the gap between the monitors.

The main reason I am asking is I am moving this coming fall to another apartment complex that is pre-furnished. I want to make sure ahead of time that I can fit my displays and have room for other things (PC, desk lamp, etc) on the new desk. Thanks a ton in advance to anyone who takes the time to do this for me :p .

They are each roughly 21" across including bezel. Yes, that is the measurement from the far left of the monitor to the far right including the frame (bezel). So, if you had my Acers, you could expect them to take up 42" of desk space (side to side). Of course, any other brand or model monitor could have thicker or thinner bezels, so you would have to take that into account.

I guess I just don't understand what you are looking for as far as dimensions go. What I can tell you is that with my Acers, they could not possibly take up any more than 42" of side to side desk space (assuming there was no gap between them). If you have them at an angle, the space required will be reduced. As far as thickness goes, that is a different story, but you never mentioned that.

Is the geeks.com website working for you guys? I was going to order one of those stands tonight but I keep getting "page cannot be found".

Question...Does the arm let you have one monitor in the center and one to the side? Like have the monitors normally be like TheSandman2236's pics but when I'm gaming have the primary monitor be front-and-center.

Question...Does the arm let you have one monitor in the center and one to the side? Like have the monitors normally be like TheSandman2236's pics but when I'm gaming have the primary monitor be front-and-center.

Good question.

You can get pretty close to doing it. I don't see why not. I'll be out of town for 3 weeks. So I won't be able to try it for sure. But from my experiences with it, there's a very good chance you'd be able to. The arms are very flexible in that sense. If I can get a hold of my brother I'll have him head down to my apartment, test it and post some pictures for me. If not, I'm sorry guys.

Back