Dual Monitor Display on a Netbook thru VGA + HDMI

HardwareGuru

Supreme [H]ardness
Wassup! Hehe. Hey, I just got my MSI Wind 12 Netbook which has a VGA and HDMI out. So far, I have connected it to a 19" display via VGA connection. If I connected another monitor through the HDMI port, it should allow me to run 2 x external displays + display on the netbook? Thus, enabling me to have 3 screens.

IIRC, the HD3200 IGP only had support for two displays at once. Maybe I am wrong, it's always worth a try.

... rather dim especially for a $ 400 netbook.
If I connected another monitor through the HDMI port, it should allow me to run 2 x external displays + display on the netbook? Thus, enabling me to have 3 screens.
that needs a triple head gpu, not even high end desktop cards do so.
its an "either or" case.

IIRC, the HD3200 IGP only had support for two displays at once. Maybe I am wrong, it's always worth a try.

You are right. I tried this and it did not work. It will only allow me to run 2 x displays. I can have either the display on the Netbook + External Monitor or External Monitor + External Monitor. It will not allow 3 displays to run all at the same time. If you try to do this, it will ask you to disable one of the displays first to enable the other.

Back