Dual monitor setup question

Oohah

Weaksauce
Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to have two people use the same desktop simultaneously on one computer via a dual monitor setup? Like for example, "Person A" is working with Photoshop using monitor A while at the same time, "Person B" is working with Flash using monitor B. Is that even possible? :eek:

Thanks for replying.

Not to my knowledge...maybe others heard of it but not me...

Im thinking about using dual mouse/keyboard combos and using VMWare but even so I don't think its possible.

I'm aware that you can't really do that with a standard dual monitor setup but is there a software or some kind of program that allows you to connect 2 keyboards/2 mouses to the same computer?

Thanks for replying!

Anybody heard about the Y-mouse / Y-key adapter? Is it any good? :confused:

That's about the closest thing I found that can help me achieve what I'm trying to do.:eek:

You can easily plug in two usb keyboars and two usb mice, the problem being the computer wont be able to tell input from one from the other, it would all be mixed together.

I've read about software that lets you farm out seperate dos sessions to dumb terminals, I dont see that beign worth the time and energy to do (if its even still on the market, been a while).

(never mind, looking at the prev post there are products on the market now)

OP - curious, why do you want to do this vs having 2 PCs? Not saying it won't work, is a bad idea or anything like that - just curious of the why...

well basicly having 2 monitors is almost the same as having 2 but u can see whats happening while your playing a game on the other monitor. For example u can have aim open on the other one and play a game on your main monitor but if u wanna type something on aim its the same thing as alt tabbing your game would minimize.

Back