dual monitors

Hey everyone,

So I've been running my setup in sli mode for a while and I've decided that i would really rather not run in sli mode and use two monitors. My question is, I have two identical video cards and two identical monitors, do i just disconnect sli mode and plug monitor a into video card a and monitor b into video card b? It can't be that easy, so yea, is it?

Thanks

Yea, I've done the whole one video card two monitors thing and that is really easy. What I'm more asking is if its possible to have a different video card running each monitor. I have two video cards and I want to take advantage of both of them.

Yeah, uncheck the SLI box, actually now it's a radio button between the two and plug in the second monitor to the second card. Right click on your desktop, display settings and enable the one labelled 3 (atleast that's what it should be if it's the first port on your second card). But seriously, why stop at two when you can run four...

Well, I don't know if this is what you want or not but in my SLi system I have both hooked up to a Matrox Triple head to go so I can game on them as well. The best of everything :D
Though if thats not an option you can just enable SLI to play a game and then disable it when your done.

Thanks for the advice. One more question, on my motherboard I had to do something to enable sli mode. To do what was suggested where I uncheck sli in the nvidia control pannel and plug my second monitor into the second video card, do you think I should leave sli turned "on" on the motherboard?

Thanks for the advice. One more question, on my motherboard I had to do something to enable sli mode. To do what was suggested where I uncheck sli in the nvidia control pannel and plug my second monitor into the second video card, do you think I should leave sli turned "on" on the motherboard?

Yes, your not pulling any cards out of your system, so you'll want 8 lanes configured to each of your PCIe slots.

Back