How many displays?

• Large Single, 30+

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Dual, 24's

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • or Three 19~21

Votes: 25 36.2%

• Total voters
as long as the three monitors are at least 1080p... go eyefinity, its amazing really.

Single 30" is the best imo... high resolution and large high-quality screen...

Try out an Eyefinity setup before spending the money on 3 monitors.

30'', obviously, even though that resolution on such a little display makes it hard to read. :(
I would LOVE a 37'' 2560x1600 monitor, but not even one of those was released... :(

You never said what you use your computer for. For most work, a 30 is amazing.

Yea depends on what you are doing. I personally prefer 2 22 to 24 inch screens over a single larger one. I work on multiple things at once so having a second screen to move stuff too helps. I don't have the desk space for a 3rd screen.

Yeah, if you are gaming, go for three. but why do they have to be small? Get 3 30"s and then you will eb awesome.

I love the extended view in games with 3 monitors. Eyefinity / TH2Go / nVidia Surround = Boss.

I have gone back and forth between triple screen and a single 30", and the triple setup blows the single 30 out of the water for gaming.

The safest bet is one quality 24" monitor. If you're a big film buff, or can't afford to SLI the latest card the 30" can be a bit tricky to power. Eyefinity requires a lot of space and power.

2 24's. Great for multitasking. Monitors are like cpu's. Id rather have two great cpu's than 1 really good cpu.

I used to run a 21" 4:3 and 22" 16:10 plus a 40" HDTV for movies and games. It was way too much hassle, now I've just got a 30" and the HDTV connected.

Triple since you get a lot more horizontal real estate.

1 30inch and 2 22inch. The center screen in landscape with two portrait mode screens on each side.

I say one 30".

2 and 3 monitor are headache to me.

Not at all. Multi-monitor computing isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.

You never said what you use your computer for. For most work, a 30 is amazing.

Yes, the 30" panels are amazing. Their resolution is unmatched in the consumer market.

Yeah, if you are gaming, go for three. but why do they have to be small? Get 3 30"s and then you will eb awesome.

Well if money is not much of a concern then yeah, I'd agree.

2 24's. Great for multitasking. Monitors are like cpu's. Id rather have two great cpu's than 1 really good cpu.

I've done the dual monitor thing with 20" panels and I am going to have to disagree. The single 30" panel is better for everything I do. You just have no vertical real estate with smaller panels.

1 30inch and 2 22inch. The center screen in landscape with two portrait mode screens on each side.

That's a great setup for work. For gaming, neither Eyefinity or NV Surround will let you do that at present.

Triple! But where's the option to choose 3- 24"+ in your poll?

That's what I was thinking too.

3 30" isn't feasible for games. Trying to drive 12mp of displays is too difficult.

3 30" isn't feasible for games. Trying to drive 12mp of displays is too difficult.

I'm going to find out. I've got two and I'm going to add a third shortly. I know I'm going to need to either go with dual GeForce GTX 480's, or hope that the 10.7a drivers did the trick with CrossfireX. If that's the case then I can add another Radeon 5970 to my machine. Though I'm not too hopeful for that last scenario to be the case.

I think your always going to sit right on the edge of being able to run new games well and you will constantly be making large hardware purchases. My guess is the performance will be similar to eyefinity 6

Hopefully It does work out for you as I have one 30" and another that needs repairs. 3x30" would be great.

My desk/apartment space is limited, but I did have 3 Dell 2005FPW displays available. I set them up in portrait mode Eyefinity, which was awesome... but none of the monitors matched, color-wise. One was noticeably yellowed, one was bluish white (and brighter). Sold the 2 "odd" ones (they looked fairly normal and could be adjusted by themselves, but I was never able to get them to look right together) on Craigslist, and picked up a 3007WFP-HC. Awesome decision... I don't feel that I lost out on anything. If I had previously had landscape Eyefinity, it may have been different.

As most of the others have said it's up to personal preference. I started with 24" Dell then I added 24" LCD for multitasking and another for eyefinity. Now I can't go back to 1 monitor. So much real estate for multitasking.

I belong to the 6-monitor school of preference, but I multitask like crazy. It all depends on what you use the computer for, whether or not you can stand the bezels, and how much you are willing to invest in screens, video card(s), and monitor stands. I know I can't stand one monitor, no matter how big it is.

Try out an Eyefinity setup before spending the money on 3 monitors.

I would and did have 3 screens over a single even if multi-monitor gaming were not possible. Unless you can find a single screen with a resolution of 5760x1200 I would be a hard sell. For multi-tasking it's a thing of beauty.

Back