Dubbyah Tee Effe Spore?

It's being published by EA. We'll be lucky if they don't start charging people micropayments to unlock individual keys and controller buttons.

At least they retracted that bs online activation every 10 days?

Spore used to be at the top of my list for wanted games, but over the last year and a half it's dropped down so far I don't even care about it anymore.

At least they retracted that bs online activation every 10 days?

Spore used to be at the top of my list for wanted games, but over the last year and a half it's dropped down so far I don't even care about it anymore.

Same.

I heard that EA is doing microtransactions for BF Bad Company as well as BF Heroes.

I hate EA as much as anyone but... small ray of hope here. If you try to buy the creature creator you get this at the bottom of the screen..

"* You will be sent a coupon code to the value of £4.99 following the release of the Spore Creature Creator. Once the main Spore game is available for pre-order on EA Store, add it to your basket and enter the code in the relevant field to claim back the cost of the Spore Creature Creator (£4.99)."

If I'm reading this right, it means that you'll get your money back if you buy your main game? That is to say, the creature creator must be free once Spore itself is released, to those who own Spore?

This whole thing could still be a clusterfuck, but we'll see..

I hate EA as much as anyone but... small ray of hope here. If you try to buy the creature creator you get this at the bottom of the screen..

"* You will be sent a coupon code to the value of £4.99 following the release of the Spore Creature Creator. Once the main Spore game is available for pre-order on EA Store, add it to your basket and enter the code in the relevant field to claim back the cost of the Spore Creature Creator (£4.99)."

If I'm reading this right, it means that you'll get your money back if you buy your main game? That is to say, the creature creator must be free once Spore itself is released, to those who own Spore?

This whole thing could still be a clusterfuck, but we'll see..

Yes, for pre-ordering Spore (if you click the pre-order link for the game itself, it takes you to the same page), you get to play with the full creature creator instead of the teaser version.
Be it beta access, timed exclusive contend (didn't Sim City Societies have unique buildings for different retailers to give with preordered games?) or whatever else, these teasers seem pretty common for pre-orders anymore; for better or worse.

That is to say, the creature creator must be free once Spore itself is released, to those who own Spore?
The creature creator is part of the game. If you own Spore, you've already got it. The standalone creature creator is basically a Spore demo (albeit one without any gameplay...).

Does it really surprise anyone that EA are charging for demos now?

Hey, at least there's still a free demo of the demo...

Back