Dumbest question ever - where do you like your vision to hit your display?

y0bailey

Gawd
This is a dumb question, but where do you like your eye level to hit on your monitor? Mid screen, top of screen with it slightly tilted towards your eyes? Top of screen and semi-flat? I have been just keeping a flat display with eyes level with top of screen, but it makes very little sense. I focus on the middle of the screen...why wouldn't my eyes be level at that point?

What do you guys/gals do? Why have I stared at the top of my monitor for years?

I like to hunch forward in a most uncomfortable position for hours on end myself

I like to have my eyes at the middle or slightly above. I had a Monoproce stand for my last LCD so I could raise it abnormally high so I wouldn't haunch in my tall chair. Can't do that with my current screen sadly

I sit back in my chair and my eyes rest 1/3 from the bottom of the screen (Dell 3007WFP-HC)....I tried setting my monitor so my eyes are right in the center but it feels much more comfortable to look up at a portion of the screen than look down. It kinda hurt my eyes to look down so much.

The ergonomic recommendation is to have the eyes at the level of the top of the screen.
I like that for general use, but for gaming it feels more immersive to have it positioned roughly at the top 1/3 of the screen.

Back