Duplicate sound out of two ports. x-fi?

GZS

n00b
Basically, I have my computer hooked up to my television. I do not have a splitter for my main input that I use for my headphones.... so, I hooked up my rca-mini to the last port on my X-fi Xtreme Gamer fatality or whatever the hell it is.

What I want to do, which I did previously on an onboard audio setup.... is duplicate the sound through more than one port.

I tried to set it up in the Creative audio console.... to no avail. It doesn't give me an option to change the line-in or anything.

Ideas?

You can get duplicate sound on two ports if you use digital and analog. If you set the digital out port to line out you should get duplicate sound over that port too via analog but I don't for sure because I have never used it that way. I use it as digital out and get sound over it and the analog outs at the same time.

Are you familiar with Creative's audio console? I went through it, trying to find an option as you had mentioned and could not.

Am I just an idiot?

Depends which OS you are using as to how the audio console will appear. I use Vista so it is completely different to what you get in XP. What you want to do is find the mixer control settings so you can set the flexijack to be used for lineout. Go to sound in control panel instead of using Creatives audio console and you should find the mixer settings there.

If you want to duplicate audio to two analogue ports, you'll need to switch the card to audio creation mode. There you can set the channel routing such that the front left and right is router to multiple outputs.

If he sets the flexijack to lineout shouldn't that give analog over speaker out and lineout too?

The flexijack is analogue line in, or digital i/o. It doesn't do analogue line out.

Back