Duplicate WUs

APOLLO

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2009
Another problem I'm experiencing is Stanford servers are assigning what appears to be duplicate WUs across my GPU clients. This has happened before earlier in the year. Anyone else seeing this?

I just checked my 5 on 353's and they are all different. Not sure if I've gotten any duplicates though.

It's crazy how many duplicates I have. There are 3 or 4 WUs that are identical. :eek:

It's crazy how many duplicates I have. There are 3 or 4 WUs that are identical. :eek:

its normal to happen.. usually not to the same person.. but there are always duplicates for fail safe reasons incase 1 wu is corrupt or there is a discrepancy in one that has been crunched already.. it just varies on the project but the majority of the time there is 2 or more copies of the same work unit.. or its a problem with your client just running the same WU over and over and isnt clearing the wu queue..

its normal to happen.. usually not to the same person.. but there are always duplicates for fail safe reasons incase 1 wu is corrupt or there is a discrepancy in one that has been crunched already.. it just varies on the project but the majority of the time there is 2 or more copies of the same work unit.. or its a problem with your client just running the same WU over and over and isnt clearing the wu queue..
I could understand redundancy, but I almost never get doubles. Last time this happened there was some kind of problem. Will I get credited for these duplicates? I recall Tigerbiten stating that we don't get credited for completing identical WUs.

The way its working is ............
If you have different UserID + MachineID on your boxen getting duplicate work-units then you get credit for both.
If your UserID + MachineID is identical between boxen due to cloning a drive then you'll only get the points for the first work-unit turned in.

I'm only running 14 GPU cleints ATM and I'm seeing a fair number of duplicate work-units.
They tend to happen when two client ask of a work-unit at the same time.
But I've seen no PpD drop due to them.

Luck ............ :D

Only 14 LOL
I just dropped a grand to get 15 and I feel like a little school girl
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back