duplication of WU's + update of my farm

AssM@N

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2008
Hi guys

I'm having huge trouble with my farm atm..... all my PCs seem to be duplicating WU's as seen in the pic below

duwu.jpg

The PCs are ghosted images. I believe that is my problem there? Is there anything I can do besides reinistalling windows?

I've got 20x 9800gx2 up and running now, along with 40x GT... 1x K9A2 mobo is dead..... so once that's back, it'll be 44xGT:)

I should easily punch 350k PPD:D

ROC

I believe all your problem is some of the machines have the same machine ID.

Glad you're using FahSpy. :cool:

Nightcast is right. The machine ID is probably duplicated across all clients in each system. You'll have to edit the client.cfg file and assign unique machine ID for each client in a given system. Repeat this for each system. It doesn't matter if the machine ID is the same between different boxen as long as the User ID isn't also duplicated. Rule of thumb: different user ID per box, different machine ID per client per box. You'll be OK once the changes are implemented. I was wondering why your production seemed a little on the 'low' side despite all the server problems Stanford was plagued with of late. With all the GPU clients you have installed recently mentioned in other threads, you should be well upwards of 200,000 PPD. :eek:

I just noticed that you mentioned your installations are ghosted. Yes, that is a problem. The User ID is duplicated across your ghost images. Go to HLM>Software>PandeGroup>Folding@Home in the system registry. Right click and delete the UserID key. Stanford will assign another unique UserID for each machine. As long as the machineID is different between each client of each machine, there's no need to modify the client.cfg file. Since your installations are ghosted, the UserID is the culprit behind the WU anomalies. Once this is accomplished, the bold red will disappear from FahSpy then we'll see your true potential!

If you've ghosted the images it not the Machine ID you need to alter, Its the user ID in the registry.
Start ->Run -> Regedit.
HKLM -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> PandreGroup -> Folding@Home -> UserID. <- 64 bit.
HKLM -> Software -> PandreGroup -> Folding@Home -> UserID. <- 32 bit.
Each one needs to be unique.
If not then .............
Shut the clients down on the box in question and delete all the duplicate work unit, eg Work folders and Queue.dat files.
Delete your UserID from the registry.
Then restart all the clients on that box and it will grab an unique User ID and stop duplicating Work-Units.

This is a known error if you ghost an image with folding on due to the User ID being stored in the registry.

Luck ............ :D

If you've ghosted the images it not the Machine ID you need to alter, Its the user ID in the registry.
Start ->Run -> Regedit.
HKLM -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> PandreGroup -> Folding@Home -> UserID. <- 64 bit.
HKLM -> Software -> PandreGroup -> Folding@Home -> UserID. <- 32 bit.
Each one needs to be unique.
/snip..

Bingo.... fixed everything right away

PCs are now crunching.:D 350k according to FAH spy.... so prob 310-320k effective

Thanks to all that replied:)

ROC

Bingo.... fixed everything right away

PCs are now crunching.:D 350k according to FAH spy.... so prob 310-320k effective

Thanks to all that replied:)

ROC

You are officially on my hate list, if you want to make another online friend and one less hater, you better get one of your pc folding for me!! :) hah just playing with you... but i still hate you ;)

I might of just lost control of my bowels :eek:

Edit: We require pics of insane boxen p0rn in the Farm thread please :D

Edit2: What electric company are you on? I need to fun my Roth IRA and that be a good stock :p

I might of just lost control of my bowels :eek:

Edit: We require pics of insane boxen p0rn in the Farm thread please :D

Edit2: What electric company are you on? I need to fun my Roth IRA and that be a good stock :p

yes pics or shens! :D

^ That's the most incredible smiley I've ever seen, LOL... :D

I'm pretty sure it's protias who I "borrowed" that from.

Back