Weaksauce
I'm having a hard time finding a dvd player that will do:
Divx (xvid)
SVCD
VCD
Support for cdr, dvd-r
HD Upscaling to 1080i
HDMI out

anyone know of a decent player that will do this?

Thanks

I was looking at oppo's website, and they are nice players. However they don't support VCD and SVCD, unless it just isn't listed. Danman do you have one of these? Have you tried SVCD + VCD?

SACD Playback:

* The DV-981HD and DV-970HD supports Super Audio CD (SACD) in addition to DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, Audio CD etc. supported by the OPDV971H model.

I was looking at oppo's website, and they are nice players. However they don't support VCD and SVCD, unless it just isn't listed. Danman do you have one of these? Have you tried SVCD + VCD?

Actually I never tried vcd I just assumed they did since it seems like they play back everything.

DVD players all the way back to my Pioneer DV-525 played VCD's and SVCD's. I think you'll be fine. Its only mpeg/mpeg2 video. :p

Damn, Those are Expensive, but I assume there worth it or you all wouldn't suggest them.

How good is picture quality with a SD DVD on a HDTV when Upscaled? Been thinking about getting one but if I have to pay almost $300 for one shouldn't I just get a HD-DVD player, wont those upscale a SD-DVD as well?

about every DVD player can play VCDs or SVCDs , you'd have a hard time finding one that did not

I have not personally used an Oppo, but everyone I have talked to that has raves. I use my HTPC to upscale and I get damn good picture quality. I get good enough quality that I am content to wait another year for the HD drives to get cheaper.

I have not personally used an Oppo, but everyone I have talked to that has raves. I use my HTPC to upscale and I get damn good picture quality. I get good enough quality that I am content to wait another year for the HD drives to get cheaper.

I hadn't planned on getting a HD player till an afordable quality Dual format player had came out. I think for either format to survive there must be an afordable player that needs to come out soon. for me that price point is $150 or less, I think the first one to hit that price point will make a major leap ahead of the other. I don't care who wins really, I just want high quality HD movies at a reasonable price.

Back