DVD Player to Play DVD-R??

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
What kind of DVD players does everybody use to play their DVD-R's?

I'd like to just get one from Best Buy because I have gift certificates and reward zone certificates.

$50 - $130ish???

Thanks everybody!!!

I am assuming you mean the stand-alone players that people use in the living rooms and such, and not optical drives.

I have a Sony model DVP-NS425P and it plays everything that I have thrown at it. Even the super cheap media that you find in the bargin bin at CompUSA.

What you can do is use look on BestBuy for one that fits your fancy and use this site(just plug in the model numbers) to see what others have to say about it.

I got a cheap $30 Apex dvd player from walmart that plays dvd-r/+r, vcds, svcds, and seems to play all regions. The DVD player is really cheap, has only three buttons ( power, play and eject), but it plays fine.

Scheizekopf said:
Best Buy has the Sony DVP-NS575P. It's on sale for $70.

Has anybody used DVD-R on these? Or have one of these?

Well since I went ahead and used the link that I provided for you
:rolleyes: and typed in the model number of the one you wanted to know about.....I found out that it plays -R just fine and if you set your booktype on a +RDL to DVD-ROM, it will play those just fine as well. Plus, you could just go to BestBuy with a DVD-R in hand and try them out, just have them hook up a cheap'o t.v. to it so you can see if it works.

Tiny said:
Plus, you could just go to BestBuy with a DVD-R in hand and try them out, just have them hook up a cheap'o t.v. to it so you can see if it works.
That's what I was thinking. I havent been able to burn a dvd yet. Just got a new burner today. Sony DRU710A and Fujifilm DVD-R.

I have a pannasonic I got from Best Buy a little while back and an Apex. both play the DVD-r's I have just fine.

Back