DVD Regions

MaMMa

Supreme [H]ardness
There is this old lady downstairs that wants to do this presentation about children in poverty at my work. The DVD is made in Region 2. All the DVD players we have here only supports Region 1 (or whatever our region is). Is it possible to convert regions?

I would just play it on a laptop and svid it to a TV but all the TVs here are too old.

RIP DVD on computer (dvddecrypter+DVDShrink for instance). Write to DVD without region. One DVD-region problem, Solved.

alt.

Find make of DVD Player to be used for playback. See if there is a Region Fix readily available (remote control or firmware-CD). Apply. Done.

i think most dvd players let u change the region a couple times before it "locks it". Just find the directions for your dvd player & change to region 2. Change back when done. I wouldnt get in the habit of changing back & forth tho.

Correct me if I am wrong, but yes you can change it a few times, but whatever one it is on when you run out of chances, it stays on that one. For instance, your default is region 1, you have a choice to change it twice. You change to region 2 then decide to go to region 4, now that you cannot change it anymore, aren't you stuck on Region 4?

eloj said:
RIP DVD on computer (dvddecrypter+DVDShrink for instance). Write to DVD without region. One DVD-region problem, Solved.

alt.

Find make of DVD Player to be used for playback. See if there is a Region Fix readily available (remote control or firmware-CD). Apply. Done.

Ahh, I shoulda known that. I use DVD shrink so much that I forget to look at the tabs. Thanks !

Back