DVD ripping issue

UT-Jackal

Limp Gawd
So for the past year or two I cut back on ma:ually ripping the dvds i had purchased, and have been forced to download ISO's on bittorrent and what not even though i already own the movies. Well i want to start ripping my own copies again, but i find that all of my old software, as well as all of the "how to's" i can find use software that can't break the dvd copyright garbage.

Currently i'm trying to rip my copy of The Counterfeiters and i'm getting errors (i presume due to copyright) on all of the following softwares:

DVDShrink
DVDFab Platnum5
DVDDecrypter

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated

It's retarded that i can't put my own movies on a hard drive for ease of use!

Admitting the downloads of copyrighted material was your first mistake - your ownership of the same movie doesn't entitle you to break the law sooo...

The issue that always comes up with DVD "ripping" is there's only two ways to get the job done.

1) Break the CSS encryption on retail pressed DVDs (not every single retail DVD is encrypted, that's a given, but we all know we're talking about MOVIES from BIG STUDIOS that are PISSED because people are STEALING THEIR MOVIES AND RIPPING THEM AND THEN PUTTING THEM UP FOR DOWNLOAD BY... people like you, it seems. This is the illegal method.

2) The only legal method for DVD "ripping" is making a bit-perfect ISO of the pressed DVD which keeps the CSS encryption, the Macrovision, and all the other aspects of content management in place and you can play DVD ISOs with VLC and some other players.

Method 1 will get you banned from this place if you discuss it as it's breaking the encryption which is illegal and a no-no.

Method 2 is your only option to keep it legit.

Having said that, any utility that can make an ISO of optical media can do the job: ImgBurn, ISOBuster, MagicISO, UltraISO, etc...

More info can be found at www.doom9.org and www.videohelp.com.

Good luck...

Back