DVD Upconverting?

Black-Tom

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I recently bought a 37" HDTV capable of 720p, and I just purchased a dvd player with the ability to upscale SD dvd's. I have yet to buy an hdmi cable, mostly because when I was in best buy today I was not going to pay 80 bucks to get the cable I want.

I've found a cheaply priced cable online, but my question is, does the upscaling really make a difference? Is it worth going through the trouble of getting the cable? or am I going to be disappointed?

Thanks in advance!

On a 37'' TV, you might see some difference, but it isn't going to work any magic. It will probably get less blocking and maybe sharpen the image a little..

If you want a nice cheap HDMI cable, go to monoprice.com.

Okay, I just wanted to see whether it would do anything at all... I'll try it out and see :D

thanks.

While it will not beat monoprices in price. http://www.bluejeanscable.com/ sells very good quality cables at a very good price for the quality. A 6 foot cable can be had for under $20.

Not as cheap as monoprice, however I have been very happy with the build quality of all of their cables, the connectors they use are top notch.

NEVER pay for cables at Best Buy and the like, $80 for an HDMI cable is just wrong unless it is really long.

Back