DVI->HDMI to HDTV not working

Devnull

[H]F Junkie
I have had this philips 30PW8420/37B CRT HDTV for nearly 2 years now, picked it up as a refurb. It had some problems when I got it(geometry etc that I fixed) but other than that it has been fine.

I use a DVI->HDMI adaptor to play video from my PC to the TV and have been using that connection for about a year.

About a week ago I was having a problem getting it to work in 1080i after resinstalling windows new drivers etc. It was just outputing in 480i or whatever. So I shut down and disconnected and reconnected the cables. After that there was no signal/picture top the TV at all- just the blank blue screen.

I have tried different drivers for my video card with no luck. I also tried a different HDMI cable with no luck- I suppose the adaptor could be bad but I have no way to test that right now- I can hook this box up to a different TV later perhaps.

Can anyone think of any diagnostic step I may have skipped or is there anything else I can do? If the port on the TV is bad I suspect it would cost more than the TV did to have it repaired. Thanks

Hooked my comp up to another TV w/ HDMI and it worked like a champ :(

I'm not even getting video to my TV on the post screen so I guess it's toast.

Back