DVI input problems

kuangmk11

n00b
I am trying to hook up my secondary machine to the dvi port on my second dell 2407. the card in the machine is a GF3 TI 500. it posts fine and I have a display until about halfway through boot then the dvi port goes dead (monitor sleeps). machine finishes booting and the vga out is live. I can't seem to find anywhere to change the output to dvi only in the nvidia control panel. do I have to enable dvi somwhere? am I missing something obvious?

oops. I guess this should go in "video cards"

I have no clue about your GF3 TI 500(man that's an old card) supporting dual monitor especially with a DVI input on a 24" monitor. Maybe you need to go to you advance setting for you videocard and change the nView Display Mode:Dual display instead of single.

I know the GF3 line doesn't support dual monitors, except maybe with the TV out. I just want to use the DVI input on the second monitor as I'm running out of inputs on the monitors. I guess I have a couple vga switch boxes around that I could use... or maybe I should just get a newer cheap card for it... actually I have an even older card I could try that has dvi... an ATI AIW (original version)

Back