DVI not working, but old contact does?

Brahman

n00b
Hello. Just got myself a LG L194WT, and when I connects it to the DVI it sais:

DIGITAL
Power Saving Mode (and the screen turns black)

But, when I connect the analog cable it works fine, but when I change to the DVI the screen turns black. What can the problem be?

Intell E6300 - ASUS P5B Deluxe - 2048mb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 - XFX 7800GT - MaxtoR 200GB - Logitech G15 och MX510 - Viewsonic E96F-SB

your graphic card was not enabled to use the dvi... try starting the computer with only the dvi cable attached to the computer..

I think I did that when I first connected the screen. I'll try it when I get home, I'll let you know how it went.

It's a bit tricky indeed and I had the same issue. Here's what I did to fix (I believe) :

-Get the ini file for your display then with the VGA connected, install this so XP recognize your monitor.

-When done, shut down the computer 100% then remove the VGA, connect the DVI and make sure you select DVI as input on the monitor.

When done, start the computer and if everything works, you should see the BIOS POST screen and the XP boot screen.

My friends 19" LG had the same problem, but with the VGA port (VGA only monitor). The service tech said to hard reset the monitor by holding down the monitor power button for 10 seconds and it worked. Not sure that would solve the problem with your monitor but worth a try... another solution might be to disconnect the power to the monitor for a minute to let the capacitors drain down and that might hard reset the monitor as well. Are you sure your DVI connector on the vid card is working? Try a buddy's monitor to rule out the video card.

Back