Dworley... needed for advice

'99

Weaksauce
@Dworley... you probably know the SFF case marked like no other in this forum.

What is the best SFF case in your opinion? I've already got the SG01-e, but it is'nt suitable when using a 8800GTX card. So I'm looking for a nice aluminium case, with room for such a card. Can you help out?

How close is the fit and what exactly about it doesn't fit if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at getting one of those cases and quite possibly an 8800GTX.

So I want to get a feel of what I could fit in there graphics wise. Thanks for posting this and most likely saving me a few headaches :)

Not many SFF cases will fit a 8800GTX unless you mod them. The Qmicra fits it without modification but its expensive.

How close is the fit and what exactly about it doesn't fit if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at getting one of those cases and quite possibly an 8800GTX.

So I want to get a feel of what I could fit in there graphics wise. Thanks for posting this and most likely saving me a few headaches :)

You'll either have to completely remove the drive cage or take a dremel to it to make a GTX fit. The limit you can fit with the drive cage is roughly 9.6 to 9.8 inches, where as the GTX is like 10.6 inches.

I think as far as cases go, only the Qmicra and the upcoming Qmicra II and SG-03 will fit a GTX with no cutting.

@Dworley... you probably know the SFF case marked like no other in this forum.

What is the best SFF case in your opinion? I've already got the SG01-e, but it is'nt suitable when using a 8800GTX card. So I'm looking for a nice aluminium case, with room for such a card. Can you help out?

There are very few SFF case choices that will fit an 8800GTX without mods. Check out the new QMICRA 2 at pcdesignlabs.com and the X-GENE mini from SFFstore.

If you really like your SG01, it is not much of a modding effort to get the GTX to fit. How many HD's do you have? If 1, just put it in the lower 5/14 bay (if it is free). You could still use the side 80mm exhaust fan by making a small bracket to hold it in place.

I would personally just go with the case you like the best and mod it to work with the 8800GTX. Or trade the 8800GTX to somebody + cash for an 8800GTS 640. I started out with (2) 8800GTX's but eventually sold both in favor of GTS 640's since they are more SFF friendly and when OC'd are very close in performance to an 8800GTX.

Back