DX11 to include support for raytracing.

Toytown

Gawd
I did a search on here and found nothing, so if this isnt new then please delete it.

Seems like good news and although may not be used in any DX11 games, it will start getting people interested so that the next DX release, may actually see games based off raytracing.

According to a confidential source, Microsoft has decided to switch to ray-tracing in DirectX 11. They also plan to have DirectX 11 ready in time to debut with Windows Vista Service Pack 2. To do that, they have also decided to base it on the x86 architecture and Intel's ray-tracing engine. There are rumours that Intel did more than just "suggest" it to Microsoft, but that's another story altogether

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=526&pgno=1

Ah.. Damn.. Its getting to the point that news for the whole damn week around April 1 is bunk. Its like the whole damn internet turns in to Fudzilla.

I know how you feel. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself at work for the next few days...

I know how you feel. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself at work for the next few days...

Maybe the computer enthousiests should have a net-wide strike of computer news sites on April 1 every year until all of this stops. Its really getting out of hand.

Tech ARP can suck it, releasing this on the 31st. I don't have my april fool's day goggles on yet.

Not even the 9800GTX [H] review?

Funny thing I remember (my first tech-oriented April Fools)

It was 1998, and the internet was young. S3 hadn't produced a "gaming" card since the S3 ViRGE, and even that was arguably a 3D-decelerator. On Voodoo Extreme, Bill "Wicked" Wilson posts the unthinkable: a new 256-bit chip from S3 that would take the gaming world by-storm! At the time, 128-bit was the latest buzzword in 3D-graphics, so 256-bit was sure to impress the whole world.

Within a day, it was revealed to be a hoax, and the entire internet had a laugh at S3's expense. But just two months later, Billy and company were forced to post the REAL release of the S3 Savage 3D, a new high-performance graphics chip. Talk about egg on your face!

Tech ARP can suck it, releasing this on the 31st. I don't have my april fool's day goggles on yet.

They are based in Malaysia, so by the time the article is up it is probably already the 1st in Malaysia.

I can't help but laugh at this. Especially because I would have probably posted the same thing if I had read that article.

Back