Dye Recommendations

Stroker

Limp Gawd
anyone have any preferences to which dyes to use. I heard Dye-lite is good but cant find it anywhere.

jman1 said:
Perhaps the best one Is Found Here Totally soluble in water non-particulate

I think I remember a post on here awhile ago about someone who had bad experiences with the Coolercases dyes. I'll try to find it....

FWIW DangerDen uses Dye-Lite. You can probably buy it from their site. I saw some in Microcenter today when I went by the store on my way back from Home Depot.

Erasmus354 said:
I think I remember a post on here awhile ago about someone who had bad experiences with the Coolercases dyes. I'll try to find it....

That would be me. I tried cool-cases-usa's yellow dye and it worked/glowed great for about a week, then it the dye broke down and turned the water a milky brown color and had no UV reactivness at all. It even stained the tubing badly. I emptied and cleaned everything out with seperate flushes of bleach water and vinager water and scrubbed the internals of the blocks and pump. I replaced the tubing and refilled the coolant using the dye again. Once again, everything looked great for about a week, then went to crap.
Right now I don't use dye. I just use a little bit of HyperLube and 2 drops of anti-algea. Dye-lite is great stuff and can be found at just about every automotive parts store.

Back