E17, anyone using it yet?

I started following the progress of Enlightenment release 17 back about 8 months ago and the way they make it seem on the site is that it is an extremely unstable, very un-usable desktop environment at the moment and that they strongly recommend 16 over 17 at this moment. My question is, does anyone use 17 yet? I would really like to use it but how stable is it, does it mess up often, do things still not work in it? Also, how do you set it up? It looks like you somehow have to compile the thing, but I have no experience with compiling stuff, especially when it comes to window managers.

I tried it over a year ago... (still in beta?) and was ok with it... but not so impressed that i switched to it. i still <3 xfce.

yea it is a much better beta from what I hear now than before however, it is still beta I think.

Just switched to it about 2 weeks ago and I am currently enjoying it. I used to use XFCE (although it is still installed).

I posted a screenshot of my e17 in the thread above. I find it stable (of course I haven't dove into it hardcore yet), and very similar to XFCE except with more "excitement" to it.

yer E17 very nice. last time tried really lacking in some parts

Back