E5200 OEM $52.99 + FS

How do these compare to a C2D? I got a friend a Celeron 420 but it sucks, it's 1 core and at 1.6GHz, this one is pretty cheap (he doesn't have much money) and seems pretty decent. Any comments on it?

How do these compare to a C2D? I got a friend a Celeron 420 but it sucks, it's 1 core and at 1.6GHz, this one is pretty cheap (he doesn't have much money) and seems pretty decent. Any comments on it?

It is a C2D, in all but name. Only difference from the e7xxx is 1mb less cache.

Excellent choice for a CPU, The Pentium Dual Core E5200 IS a Core 2 Duo based CPU but renamed for marketing purposes. I highly recommend getting the E5200 at that $53 price.

The one I bought for a friend of mine smokes for what it is. I used a cheap Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L ($52) plus this chip and it's running at 3.6ghz (12x300) at stock voltage. Make sure to get a decent cooler. I didn't order one for myself as I don't really have a need but dang it's cheap and fast.

Looks like the price has gone down $10 from the other posting. Not too shabby of a deal.

The one I bought for a friend of mine smokes for what it is. I used a cheap Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L ($52) plus this chip and it's running at 3.6ghz (12x300) at stock voltage. Make sure to get a decent cooler. I didn't order one for myself as I don't really have a need but dang it's cheap and fast.

I did the exact same thing. I'm up to 3.0 with that board and cpu. Havent pushed it anymore with the stock cooler and all.

Blllaaahh. Bought a E52 retail box from them just a week ago. System that it's going into is not even gonna require the power. (I)#@4u(*#$ Such a massive steal

Holy shi......

E5200 = 3GHz EASY. + Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro $22 shipped?? Quiet, cool, 3.0+GHz easy.

Wow. This leaves me speechless. I can't even begin to comprehend how hot this is. OP, I have zero use for any of it, and I'm going to buy them both. Holy crap...

Man... I'm going back and forth if I should sell off my e2180 for this CPU. I would be paying roughly $10 in the end. Would it even be worth the time and effort?

paid $83 for one 30 days ago (egg)

3.5GHz stable, 3.4GHz easily on a P5E-VM HDMI.

i like having the overhead that the extra cache provides with an e8400 and i use one of those (@3.9GHz) for my main system. these are the only two recent cpu's i've played with, so i know how exactly how they compare (same hardware otherwise + same os image.)

if i hadn't used the e8400 first, i'd be plenty happy with the e5200 for a main system.

for $52 :eek: you can have three for the price of an e8400.

slam dunk, buy one (or three :p)

Sorry all. I figured it would last longer than that. The damn thing said "Weekend Deal" and free shipping. Now it's jacked. Probably some automatic pricing bs.

Sorry all. I figured it would last longer than that. The damn thing said "Weekend Deal" and free shipping. Now it's jacked. Probably some automatic pricing bs.

I think they mean WEAK-end deal.

Back