E6400 & Gigabyte DS3 question...

-iLLuZioN-B18C1

Limp Gawd
I will be getting my cpu tomorow and will start my build with the gigabyte ds3 board.

ive been hearing people saying that the the mobo needs to be updated.

1st, what update should i get....

2nd, ive never updtated a bios before and was wondering if someone can walk me through it real quick.

F3 BIOS is what im using...

use Gigabytes @BIOS software to update the BIOS, it couldnt be easier.

arman01 said:
F3 BIOS is what im using...

use Gigabytes @BIOS software to update the BIOS, it couldnt be easier.

I'm about to update the bios too. But when using @Bios, first it didn't find the file on the USA server, the Japan server was full, another one I tried just sat there for too long.

Though, I went to Gigabyte's website and downloaded the file. But I'm confused, the self extracting RAR file gave 3 files, two that I think are to do the update, and a file called 965pds3.F3, which I assume is the bios file.

Why does the file have an extension of .F3 and not something like .bin and such that I think @Bios wants. The @Bios software shows every file so I'm not sure it's okay to select it yet.

Now when I use @Bios with a server that does find F3 after the download bar finishes it just says Paramater Incorrect.

TimothyB said:
I'm about to update the bios too. But when using @Bios, first it didn't find the file on the USA server, the Japan server was full, another one I tried just sat there for too long.

Though, I went to Gigabyte's website and downloaded the file. But I'm confused, the self extracting RAR file gave 3 files, two that I think are to do the update, and a file called 965pds3.F3, which I assume is the bios file.

Why does the file have an extension of .F3 and not something like .bin and such that I think @Bios wants. The @Bios software shows every file so I'm not sure it's okay to select it yet.

Thats the file you need to use...only one of the three... "965pds3.F3"

tpfaff said:
Use the Taiwan 2 server to look for the bios update ;)

I used that .F3 file I downloaded. The Taiwan 2 and 1 servers worked, I selected F3, but the moment the download bar finished it just gave me a "Parameter Incorrect" message

Back