E6600 @ 3.0 w/ 1.18v........

Tripp17

Gawd
I was wondering what people thought about my e6600 being overclocked to 3.0 at only 1.18 volts. I set it to 1.2 in the bios so its a little low, but the temps are great. Im using the stock intel set-up at the moment and my temps are 32/44C. I havent gone any further yet cause i want some feed back first. My voltages never go higher than 1.2 no matter what im doing, and i wanna know if this is normal. Ive seen others giving there processors like 1.35-1.5v and getting similiar overclocks. What gives? Before i try going any further with this processor, i wanted some feedback. Do other people have there e6600s overclcocked 600 megahertz+ with less voltage than spec? Heres my set-up.....

e6600 @ 3.0 w/1.18v
asus p5b deluxe wifi @ 1333 fsb
2 x gigs of corsair xms @ 833 @ 5-5-5-12
7900GTX @ 700/1750
audigy 2
ect.......ect.....

So, is this normal, or do i have a decent processor that will most likely overclock well when given its regular voltages and some half way decent cooling?

I was wondering what people thought about my e6600 being overclocked to 3.0 at only 1.18 volts. I set it to 1.2 in the bios so its a little low, but the temps are great. Im using the stock intel set-up at the moment and my temps are 32/44C. I havent gone any further yet cause i want some feed back first. My voltages never go higher than 1.2 no matter what im doing, and i wanna know if this is normal. Ive seen others giving there processors like 1.35-1.5v and getting similiar overclocks. What gives? Before i try going any further with this processor, i wanted some feedback. Do other people have there e6600s overclcocked 600 megahertz+ with less voltage than spec? Heres my set-up.....

e6600 @ 3.0 w/1.18v
asus p5b deluxe wifi @ 1333 fsb
2 x gigs of corsair xms @ 833 @ 5-5-5-12
7900GTX @ 700/1750
audigy 2
ect.......ect.....

So, is this normal, or do i have a decent processor that will most likely overclock well when given its regular voltages and some half way decent cooling?

You run Orthos? I was able to get onto windows at 3000mhz with my e6600 at the same voltage 1.14v-1.18v (by the way probe reports lower voltage usually) but usually can't pass Orthos. And also, is that 44c at idle or load? if its at load with stock cooler, something might be wrong with your sensor. What case do you have? Ambient temp?

Ok, first i do have a 002 version. What ever that means. And second, i am stable in orthos and every game i play. The reason my temps are so low is because i have excelent air cooling. I bought a lian li and i took the side pannel and profesonally cut 2 120mm circles with 4 drill holes for mounting. Then i hooked up my 2 120mm fans to a fan controller and haver them at very low speeds so they are quiet, but they still pump alot of air right over the cpu and the other circle is for the southbridge/videocard area. The temps are on target. No sensor problems. I just wanted to know if i have a good cpu, its starting to sound like i do. I have a Version 002, and people are telling me that is good.

Hey Tripp you have pics of that LianLi case mod? I'm sure people would be interested in seeing your work.

Im sure i could take a few pics, i didnt think anyone would care to be honest. Truth be told, i think its one of the best things ive ever made. Reason being is that i can run these 2 blue led 120mm fans on the lowest setting my fan controller will allow and it is able to pump enough cool air onto my components will no noise at all. That in turn allows me to run my cpu fan at its lowest speed and still be able to get great overclocks with no noise at all. I have the asus p5b deluxwe mb and it has no fans on its chipset, all in all i have an extremly quiet computer that is very powerful. I will post some pics later on today for ya, you can tell me what you think. It was easy to get the holes in the side panel, its only clear plastic, and i used a professional hole-saw. Came out perfect. Ill show you in a little bit.

Back