E6600 and cooling

Zarkon

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at getting a E6600 and wondering what kind of cooler I should get for it? I'm not looking to spend a huge amount, but don't really know anything about coolers.

Any advice?

Not that it's a favorite but I think the Arctic Freezer 7 pro is the best bang for the buck. Only 20 bucks at eWiz. I have the e6600 and was originally going to go with the Scythe Ninja that might work a bit better @ $36ish. I ended up going with the Arctic Freezer 7. If you wanted to spend more, the thermalright ultra 120 extreme (you'll end up spending 70-80 since you need to buy the fan separate) is probably better in terms of performance.

Just FYI the Arctic Freezer 7 pro drops my temps under load by about 10oC

I also like the AC Freezer 7 Pro in terms of bang-for-the-buck. But what are your cooling requirements? Are you looking to overclock? If so, by how much?

I don't really have any favorites either. I went out a got a TT 120 and must have got a bad one because no matter how many times I reset it, changed TIM type, change TIM application, etc I still wasn't as impressed as I am with my Zalman 9700's. I have 4 C2D's, including a E6600 (and another on the way), all will be under the Zalmans. I had a Artic Freezer Pro on a X2 4200+ and for the $ it was a great cooler. I don't know how their 775 skt coolers do (the x2 4200+ was a skt 939) No matter what cooler you get please post you're observations

I'm looking to get back into overclocking on the new system, and am happy with whatever I get. Just want stability, not too much heat (right now my current PC with the case open heats my entire ROOM an extra 10 degrees over the rest of the house). I'm going to have a full tower case, so room isn't an issue.

While I like the Zalmans, $50 is a bit more than I really wanted to pay :)

in the past I've always bought oem cpus, and I always liked Zalmans, and on my last s939 I had a Scythe Ninja...

However on my current e4300 I just used the stock hsf and I find that it works fine, even though I'm overclocked to 333x9.

Back