e6600 on newegg

ApeofDooM

Weaksauce
Is $369.99 a good price for these right now for the retail version? I bought one from buy.com a few weeks ago but it hasn't shipped and has no ETA, so I'm about to jump on this.

$360 seems to be the average price. I've seen it as low $340 and as high as $400, so $370 seems to be only slightly higher than average. Check out ZZF and mWave if you want to save a few cents.

Guys - everyone is waiting and waiting for retailers - we have the internet - we have credit cards - we have paypal - go to ebay. Here let me give you a few links...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Core-2-Du...9QQihZ009QQcategoryZ14293QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/E6600-P5NSLI-Co...53QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-E6600-2-4...03QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3674QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dont be stupid about ebay - look for people with 99%+feedback and well over a couple thousand (i.e. 600+) you will be fine.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You forget that eBay drones jack their shipping to cover the eBay costs and try to make a few extra bucks. The first one you linked to has $12 shipping, bringing the cost to $361, and the second one you linked has $15 shipping bringing the cost to $380. Might as well buy Newegg in that case. ;)

Well Mwave's are over $400 and zzf is out of stock. I sent an email to buy.com asking for an ETA on my 6600 with them. If they don't give me a definitive answer then I'll be getting the processor from newegg.

I got mine from Newegg for 369 , keep in mind free shipping at least when i ordered it

InorganicMatter said:
You forget that eBay drones jack their shipping to cover the eBay costs and try to make a few extra bucks. The first one you linked to has $12 shipping, bringing the cost to $361, and the second one you linked has $15 shipping bringing the cost to $380. Might as well buy Newegg in that case. ;)

My point was simply this - everyone is complaining about A. The chips arent available, B. The chips are being jacked up on prices to the 4 - 450 range, and C. They have ordered the chips but are just sitting there waiting on them to arrive. As stated in this post and honestly if you do your research you will find that the chips at a rate of 380 - isn' that bad of a deal. They are available on ebay - they are within an acceptable price point - and you get them fast if you follow my directions above and bid smart. I only listed buy it now auctions because those are immediate.

Too be honest I almost didn't reply to this statment but I am sick and tired of people doing this. You responded to a statement that I made just to dog it. Those prices ARE competitive, you DIDN'T offer a better alternative - NewEgg is CONSTANTLY out of these processors. If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't post just to get your name out there.

Sorry - I am not trying to be a dick - just seriously - stop putting others ideas down unless you have a good reason.

Endrithius said:
Sorry - I am not trying to be a dick - just seriously - stop putting others ideas down unless you have a good reason.
I think we misunderstand. Your post gave me the impression that you were trying to tell the OP to buy from eBay. At least, that's what I got out of it.

Nahh, not trying to tell anyone what to do, I just see everyone on this forum tripping out because they arent available or are too price - I just wanted everyone to know that there are other options. Again I apologize for being a jerk about it - I ment no offense. I just thought you were attacking me. Again - accept my apologies.

Thanks guys

Endri

Outpost.com is allowing pre-orders for OEM E6600's, for $319, if you don't mind waiting at least a month.

Back